On Monday’s Dancing with the Stars, for the first time this season, the couple that earns the highest score from their solo dance will be granted immunity from elimination the following week, and will also receive 3 extra points.
Then, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, each of the six couples who didn’t receive immunity will be paired up to compete in a head to head dance off, to be voted on by America in real time on www.ABC.com and the three judges. The couple with the majority of the four potential votes from each dance-off will earn an extra 2 points, increasing their overall score. At the end of the night, one couple will face elimination.
This, as the Dancing with the Stars celebrities pay tribute to influential figures in their lives. The dance styles will include Argentine Tango, Foxtrot, Contemporary, Salsa, Paso Doble and the Viennese Waltz.
Check out the songs and dance styles below. NOTE: Nick & Sharna will dance a Contemporary routine to Haley Reinhart’s viral version of “Can’t Help Falling in Love.”
The couples will dance to the following songs. Dance styles spoiled by PureDwts. I’ll update as the week progresses!
- Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay Arnold – ‘Holding Out For A Hero’by Ella Mae Bowen
- Alexa PenaVega & Mark Ballas – ‘Viva La Vida’ by Coldplay
- Andy Grammer & Allison Holker – ‘Isn’t She Lovely’ by Stevie Wonder
- Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough – ‘Grace Kelly’ by MIKA – Foxtrot
- Carlos PenaVega & Witney Carson – ‘Valio La Pena’ by Marc Anthony – Foxtrot
- Nick Carter & Sharna Burgess – ‘Can’t Help Falling In Love’ by Haley Reinhart – Contemporary
- Tamar Braxton & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – ‘Born This Way’ by Lady Gaga
Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Erin Andrews (sports host & “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts including dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and ballroom dancer and Emmy® Award-winning choreographer Julianne Hough.
Dancing with the Stars airs Monday at 8/7c PM on ABC.