Eleven celebrity and pro-dancer couples will compete for this season’s sixth week live, MONDAY, OCT. 19 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars.
Judge Derek Hough Returns to the Ballroom Floor With a Special Dance
The show will start with host Tyra Banks walking out to the ballroom to “I’m Coming Out” by Diana Ross. In addition, judge Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert will dance a special Paso Doble to “Uccen” by Taalbi Brothers.
Live votes (via?abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). With each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast. At the end of the evening, judges will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.
Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including “Sorry” by Justin Bieber, “She’s Always a Woman” by Billy Joel, “Celebration” by Kool & The Gang and “On the Floor” by Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull, among others.
The couples (with their dance choices and songs) are as follows:
- Monica Aldama and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Rumba to “Have I Told You Lately” by Rod Stewart
- Kaitlyn Bristowe and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Samba to “Sorry” by Justin Bieber
- Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Cha Cha to “Celebration” by Kool & The Gang
- Skai Jackson?and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Cha Cha to “Say So” by Dojo Cat, featuring Nicki Minaj
- Justina Machado and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Viennese Waltz to “She’s Always a Woman” by Billy Joel
- AJ McLean?and pro Cheryl Burke dancing theSamba to “Mi Gente” by J Balvin and Willy William
- Jeannie Mai and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Rumba to “You Gotta Be” by Des’ree
- Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Viennese Waltz to “Humble & Kind” by Tim McGraw
- Nev Schulman and pro Jenna Johnson dancing Jazz to “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch
- Chrishell Stause and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing Contemporary to “Stars” by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Salsa to “On The Floor” by Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull
Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli are joined by Emmy Award winner and six-time Mirrorball champion Derek Hough at the judges desk. Meanwhile, unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, Len Goodman will still be a part of the show in a different capacity and sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK.