The 15 celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete a second week with the first elimination of the 2020 season, live, TUESDAY, SEPT. 22 (8:00-10:02 p.m. EDT), on ABC.
Celebrity and pro duos will perform time-honored dances including the Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot, Samba, Tango, Rumba, Cha Cha and Jive. The show will begin with a comedic cold open featuring host Tyra Banks and the origins of her “smize” as she teaches the celebrities how to use it through the competition.
How to Vote on Dancing with the Stars
The judges’ scores from week one will carry over and be combined with judges’ scores from week two, which also marks the first weekly live-viewing audience vote of the season. Episodes can be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.
After a special Tuesday night airing, the show returns to Monday nights, starting Sept. 28.
Live votes (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). Moving forward with each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast.
Celebrities and Pro Pairs Song Choice and Dance Styles:
- Head coach (“CHEER”) Monica Aldama and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Jive to “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
- Animal activist (“Tiger King”) Carole Baskin and pro Pasha Pashkov dancing the Viennese Waltz to “What’s New Pussycat” by Tom Jones
- The Bachelor and The Bachelorette star Kaitlyn Bristowe and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Foxtrot to “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
- Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Foxtrot to “We Found Love!” by Rihanna and Calvin Harris
- TV and film actress Anne Heche and Keo Motsepe dancing the Foxtrot to “Counting Stars” by One Republic
- Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Samba to “Miss Independent” by Neyo
- Actress (“One Day at a Time”) Justina Machado and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Rumba to “When You Believe” by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey
- Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Foxtrot to “Ain’t That a Kick in the Head” by Dean Martin
- Emmy Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Cha Cha to “Roses” by SAINt JHN
- TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Foxtrot to “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac
- GRAMMY-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Cha Cha to “Let’s Grove” by Earth, Wind & Fire
- TV host (“Catfish”) Nev Schulman and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Cha Cha to “Dynamite” by BTS
- NBA superstar (“The Last Dance”) Charles Oakley and pro Emma Slater dancing the Cha Cha to “Never. Too Much” by Luther Vandross
- Actress (“Selling Sunset”) Chrishell Stause and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Rumba to “This is Me” by Keala Settle & “The Greatest Showman” ensemble
- Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Tango to “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga
Derek Hough joins the judges table
Supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks hosts Dancing with the Stars. Emmy Award winner and six-time Mirrorball champion Derek Hough joins Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli at the judges desk. Meanwhile, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Len Goodman will be unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, though he will still be a part of the show in a different capacity and sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK.