With only a week left before the finals, six celebrity and pro-dancer couples will dance and face double elimination as they compete for this season’s tenth week live, Monday, Nov. 16 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
Tyra Banks will walk out to “Gasolina” by Daddy Yankee. For this week, there will be two rounds of competitive dance performances and the stakes are high to get into the finals. In the first round, celebrities will repeat a dance style they struggled with earlier in the season with a new song as their redemption dance. The judges will mentor each of the couples. For the second round, couples will perform another style of dance as they try to make it into the semi-finals.
Live votes (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EST/CST time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). The live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast. At the end of the evening, the judges will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.
The couples are as follows (with dances and songs):
- Kaitlyn Bristowe and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a redemption Paso Doble to “Hanuman” by Rodrigo Y Gabriela; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Cowboy Take Me Away” by The Chicks
- Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten will perform a redemption Cha Cha to “Move Your Feet” by Junior Senior; then for their new dance, a Viennese Waltz to “Lonely” by Noah Cyrus
- Justina Machado and pro Sasha Farber will perform a redemption Tango to “El Tango de Roxanne” from “Moulin Rouge”; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “Holding Out for a Hero” by Ella Mae Bowen and Bonnie Tyler
- Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a redemption Paso Doble to “Run Boy Run” by Woodkid; then for their new dance, a Jive to “Jump Jive An’ Wail” by The Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Nev Schulman and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a redemption Foxtrot to “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles; then for their new dance, a Contemporary to “If the World Was Ending” by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels
- Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart will perform a redemption Salsa to “X” by Jonas Brothers featuring Karol G; then for their new dance, a Jazz to “I Lived” by Onerepublic
Hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks, the series returns to the ballroom with a lineup of celebrities. Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli are joined by Emmy® Award winner and six-time Mirrorball champion Derek Hough at the judges’ desk. Meanwhile, unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, Len Goodman will still be a part of the show in a different capacity and sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK.