Fourteen celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete for the third week as the magic of Disney returns to the ballroom live for the 2020 season, MONDAY, SEPT. 28 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. The show will begin with a cold open of host Tyra Banks and celebrities taking the viewing audience into their favorite classic Disney films.
Live votes (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). With each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast.
Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of beloved Disney songs including “Part of Your World,” “Almost There,” “King of New York” and “Reflection,” among others. In a first for Disney Night, one couple will be eliminated at the end of the show.
The couples (with their dance choices and songs) are as follows:
- Monica Aldama and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Waltz to “Part of Your World” from “The Little Mermaid”
- Carole Baskin and pro Pasha Pashkov dancing the Samba to “Circle of Life” from “The Lion King”
- Kaitlyn Bristowe and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Foxtrot to “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana”
- Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Quickstep to “Be Our Guest” from “Beauty and the Beast”
- Anne Heche and Keo Motsepe dancing the Quickstep to “Zero to Hero” from “Hercules”
- Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Jive to “Almost There” from “The Princess and the Frog”
- Justina Machado and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Charleston to “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” from “Mary Poppins”
- AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Quickstep to “Prince Ali” from “Aladdin”
- Jeannie Mai and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Viennese Waltz to “Married Life” from “Up”
- Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Jive to “King of New York” from “Newsies”
- Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Foxtrot to “It’s Alright” from “Soul”
- Nev Schulman and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Argentine Tango to “Angelica” from “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides”
- Chrishell Stause and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Waltz to “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” from “Cinderella”
- Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Rumba to “Reflection” from “Mulan”
Hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli are joined by Derek Hough at the judges desk. Meanwhile, unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, Len Goodman will still be a part of the show in a different capacity and sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK.