David Cook fans who attended a taping Thursday night in Los Angeles, for the Carrie Underwood holiday special, set to air on FOX December 7, brought back a few fun spoilers:
- David Cook performed “Lie” from his self titled album. Apparently, it’s Carrie’s favorite song on the album.
- David and Carrie dueted on the Van Halen song, “Why Can’t This Be Love”. The performance included a “wicked” guitar solo from David.
- David and Carrie did a really “awkward and dorky” skit before their duet. David thanked Carrie for “letting him come to pimp his album, ” Carrie said, her producers made her invite him. LULZ!
- Songs were performed twice.
- Carrie hand-selected her guests, including, Kristin Chenoweth, Christina Applegate, Sons Of Sylvia (The Clark Brothers), Dolly Parton and Brad Paisley
- Neil Patrick Harris is the voice of Ace (Carrie’s dog) in the Ace sketch
- –Sons of Sylvia sang “Blue Christmas”
- Carrie sang a collection of 50’s songs with Kristen Chenoweth and Christina Applegate
- Carrie performed “Cowboy Casanova”, “Mama’s Song” and “Songs Like This”
- Carrie’s mom makes an appearance before “Mama’s Song”. She’s carried in by two dancers and sings “Stand By Your Man” (terribly)
- Tabitha and Napoleon, from SYTYCD choreographed for Carrie, (“Songs Like This”)
- As did Tyce Diorio for “Mama’s Song”
- Carrie was dressed as Dolly in one of her skits, including “chest enhancements”
- Crying girl was in the audience
- David did a Q&A with the audience during a down time.
- Bo Bice was in the audience!
- Dolly and Brad will be taping on Friday
The special is produced by Nigel Lythgoe and Adam Shankman, and it appears that Rickey Minor and the band were in the house.
Fans, worried about the state of David’s facial hair caused him to tweet, @TheDavidCook I did not shave. Odd I have to tweet that. Absurdity is afoot…
Were you at the taping? Post your deets in comments, and I’ll add it to this post…