This morning the Dancing with the Stars season 28 cast was revealed on Good Morning America. Host Tom Bergeron was on hand to introduce the new contestants. Here’s a fun twist. The pros don’t know who they are dancing with yet. Folks at home won’t know the pairings until the live premiere. This season also features the return of a loved pro, Peta Murgatroyd, and two new professional ballroom dancers.
The show kicks off MONDAY, SEPT. 16 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.
Lauren and Ally are not the first singing show contestants to compete on DWTS. American Idol season 5 alum and fellow country singer, Kellie Pickler WON Dancing with the Stars season 16 in 2013. And, Ally’s former Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei came in 3rd on Season 24 in 2017.
- Karamo Brown – Queer Eye for the Straight Guy star
- Hannah Brown – Just finished starring in The Bachelorette. She got engaged to Jed Wyatt, but they split after a People item revealed he had a girlfriend
- Lauren Alaina – Country singer and American Idol season 10 runner-up.
- James Van Der Beek – Actor best known for role the 90’s hit drama Dawson’s Creek
- Ray Lewis – Former football linebacker. He played with the Baltimore Ravens for 17 years.
- Kate Flannery – She starred in the beloved NBC sitcom, The Office
- Ally Brooke – Former Fifth Harmony member and X Factor USA contestant.
- Lamar Odom – Former Basketball player. He struggled with drug abuse and almost died. Once married to Khloe Kardashian
- Kel Mitchell – He starred in the Nickelodeon show Good Burger with SNL cast member, Kenan Thompson
- Sean Spicer – Former Trump Press Secretary. Best known for lying outrageously for his former boss. “Sean will be in charge of assessing audience sizes,” quips Tom.
- Christie Brinkley – Former supermodel. America’s sweetheart! She was once married to 70’s musical icon Billy Joel.
- Mary Wilson – Former member of the legendary Motown girl group The Supremes.
There are 12 celebrity contestants and 14 pros dancers. Not sure what that’s about yet.
- Brandon Armstrong
- Lindsay Arnold
- Alan Bersten
- Cheryl Burke
- Witney Carson
- Val Chmerkovskiy
- Sasha Farber
- Jenna Johnson
- Daniella Karagach
- Keo Motsepe
- Peta Murgatroyd
- Pasha Pashkov
- Gleb Savchenko
- Emma Slater
Interestingly, Sharna Burgess who WON DWTS last fall with Bobby Bones has been left off the roster. She posted a thank you to her fans on Instagram. She’s being a very good sport about it.
View this post on Instagram
?? As I’m sure you’ve heard, I will not be returning to @dancingabc this season. I am unbelievably sad to not be back!!! However, what i can whole heartedly tell you is that It’s all good, ALL love and in this moment I can’t help but be grateful for the time and the journey that I’ve had, the people I’ve met, the incredible talent I’ve shared the stage with and the memories I’ve made. To say the least.. it’s been epic. ?? and to have finally won still feels as exciting and special as it did the moment @tombergeron said our names. . After nearly 9 years I feel like I grew up on the show. I am going to truly miss creating, story telling and performing for you all, I’ll miss giving the transformative power of dance to the person in front of me, and I’ll miss seeing my Dwts family every day and watching them work their craft in ways that inspire me. Though nothing could ever replace my love for the show, there are things coming into my world that I’m excited to dive into now that I have time. Everything happens for a reason ?? you know me.. I’ll share when I can. I have endless love and gratitude for all of you and for everyone at the show. For my fellow pros you light up the stage time and time again, you are what makes the show magical and I can’t wait to watch you shine. ? And to all 12 of my partners… thank you thank you and I adore you. I’ll be watching and cheering this coming season for all of my fam out on that dance floor!!! Good luck everyone, may this be the best season yet! Let’s go season 28!!! ? #dwts
Artem Chigvintsev is also out. He seems really disappointed.
View this post on Instagram
I just want to say how sad it makes me feel not to be part of Season 28 of DWTS. It’s been 10 years since I have joined this absolutely, one of a kind, incredible show! It has given me recognition as a dancer, choreographer and a teacher. I have had so many beautiful memories with all of my celebrity partners! They all have shaped me into the person that I am today. Special thank you goes to all the people behind the camera who work extremely hard to not only impress our fans but to make our pro dancer’s visions come to life. What I will miss the most is working along side my coworkers, the heroes of the show. I want to wish them and their new celebrity partners the best of luck this season! I want you all to make it better than it ever was before! Because our DWTS Fans, who mean SO much to me, want DWTS to continue going strong for many, many years to come. To all the fans, I want to thank you SO much for supporting me all these years! I simply couldn’t have done it without you! Without your love! Without your connection! And most importantly without your support! You all have no idea how much I will miss you all this season! I’m already missing you all so much! Even though this is so hard on me, I will be DWTS #1 fan, cheering you all on every Monday night! Good luck to everyone on Seasons 28! With lots of Love Artem ? #dwts @dancingabc