It’s Boy Band and Girl Band Week on Dancing with the Stars. Group dances; Men vs Women, alum Nick Carter joins the judges panel and Maks Chmerkovskiy returns to the ball room! Read on for details.
The eight remaining celebrities will dance to songs from some of the most popular boy bands and girl groups throughout history, and the men and women will also compete against each other in team dances, on Dancing with the Stars live, MONDAY, APRIL 24 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network. Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter joins Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough as a guest judge.
Also, after being injured, Maks Chmerkovskiy makes his return to the ballroom floor, where he and Heather will perform a rumba to TLC.
At the end of the night, based on scores and votes from last Monday, one couple will be eliminated.
To add some spice to the competition, it’s Team Dances with Men vs. Women:
TEAM BOY BAND
Bonner Bolton, Nick Viall, David Ross and Rashad Jennings will dance to a medley of “Dancing Machine” by Jackson 5, “You Got It (The Right Stuff)” by New Kids on the Block and “Best Song Ever” by One Direction.
TEAM GIRL GROUP
Simone Biles, Nancy Kerrigan, Normani Kordei and Heather Morris will dance to a medley of “My Boyfriend’s Back” by The Chiffons, “No Scrubs” by TLC and “BO$$” by Fifth Harmony.
Each celebrity will perform a samba, rumba, tango, paso doblé, salsa, Argentine tango or jive.
Each Couple Will Dance to the Following Songs (in alphabetical order):
- Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – Samba – “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
- Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – Rumba – “I Want It That Way” by Backstreet Boys
- Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – Tango – “Reach Out, I’ll Be There” by The Four Tops
- Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev – Paso Doblé – “Free Your Mind” by En Vogue
- Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Salsa – “When I Grow Up” by The Pussycat Dolls
- Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Rumba – “Waterfalls” by TLC
- David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – Argentine Tango – “I Want You Back” by *NSYNC
- Nick Viall & Peta Murgatroyd – Jive – “Fun, Fun, Fun” by The Beach Boys
Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough