The upcoming Dancing with the Stars features the always emotional “Most Memorable Year” theme. See what the nine remaining dancers will perform. There are no more separate results show, so next week fans vote, the following Monday a couple will be eliminated. Check out the details below.
The nine remaining celebrities will set out to leave a lasting impression with their dances as they commemorate their most memorable year, on Dancing with the Stars, live, MONDAY, OCTOBER 10 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.
Each couple will dance to a song of the celebrity’s choosing that encompasses a memorable time or truly incredible experience in their life. These heartfelt performances promise to showcase some of the most exciting choreography and emotional routines of the season yet. Viewers can expect to see Jana Kramer dancing with joy to celebrate when her daughter, Jolie Rae, was born in 2016; James Hinchcliffe re-living the moment when he almost died in a car crash while practicing for the Indy 500 in 2015; and Laurie Hernandez celebrating competing in the 2016 Summer Olympics as a member of the U.S. women’s gymnastics team and winning the gold, to name a few. Each celebrity will perform a Viennese waltz, paso doblé, tango, jazz, contemporary, foxtrot or samba.
In addition, international phenomenon André Rieu, known to millions around the world as “The King of the Waltz,” is set to perform. Rieu is the first artist to appear on the show along with a full 60-piece orchestra to perform a major opening number with “My Heart Will Go On.”
The couples will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):
- Marilu Henner & Derek Hough – Viennese Waltz – “Surprise Yourself” by Jack Garratt
- Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Paso Doblé – “Rise” by Katy Perry
- James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess – Tango – “The Right Time” by Yves V featuring Mike James
- Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold – Jazz – “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber – Contemporary – “Stand by Me” by Florence + The Machine
- Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko – Contemporary – “In My Daughter’s Eyes” by Martina McBride
- Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke – Contemporary – “A Song for You” by Leon Russell
- Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev – Foxtrot – “From the Ground Up” by Dan + Shay
- Amber Rose & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Samba – “Woman Up” by Meghan Trainor
Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews (sports host and Dancing with the Stars season 10 finalist),Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough.