Here it is. This week’s Idol’s Billboard Update. Sorry–last weekend’s trip to Florida to see the Idol’s Live Tour meant that I did not get a chance to post an update (although you will find last week’s chart in the chart archives.
- Last week’s big news was Kelly Clarkson’s “My December” debuting at #2 on the Billboard 200, behind Miley Cyrus at #1. This week, Kelly is #3, with a whopping 61% drop in sales from the previous week. Yikes. Still love her record, though. But then, it’s not like my collection is full of chartbusters, exactly… “My December” has sold close to 405, 000 copies so far. Interestingly, the so-called non-hit, “Never Again” has sold over 710, 000 copies.
- I was driving home from work today, and heard Elliott Yamin’s “Wait For You” on the radio for the first time here in Boston. If I’m being perfectly honest, I got a little goose-pimply. Elliott is still the little engine that could. His single “Wait for You, ” entered the charts, stalled a bit, and is now climbing slowly but steadily up the charts. Right now, It sits at #23 on the Billboard Hot 100, and #8 on the Pop 100. It’s debuted on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart at #30. Go Elliott!
- I missed this one when it happened: Chris Daughtry’s “Home” debuted on the Christian charts 3 weeks ago. This week it sits at #23 and #20 on the Hot Christian Adult Contemporary and Hot Christian Songs charts respectively.
- Still at #1: Daughtry’s “Home” on the Hot Adult Top 40, Fantasia’s “When I See U” on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop charts, and Mandisa’s “Only the World” on the Hot Singles Sales (taking the spot Blake Lewis or Jordin Sparks would have right about now if TPTB had released CD souvenir singles of their winning Idol songs.)
- Three Idols sit in the Top 20 of the Hot Country Songs chart: Bucky Covington’s “A Different World” at #11, Kelly Clarkson’s duet with Reba McEntire, “Because of You” at #12 and Kellie Pickler’s “I Wonder” at #15.