America’s Got Talent heads to its FOURTH AND FINAL Quarterfinal episode on Tuesday (Sept 1). And unless there is a healing miracle, an ailing Simon Cowell will once again sit out a live show. Kelly Clarkson and Kenan Thompson sat on the panel for week 1 and week 2 respectively, but last week, it was only Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara holding down the fort.
The BIG NEWS this week: AGT eliminated singing duo Broken Roots at Judge Cuts. However, now they are back in the Top 44! Here’s what happened: During the Wednesday Quarterfinal 2 results show, NBC promoted Top 44 act and teen singer Thomas Day for week 3. But then, late in the week, AGT switched singer Nolan Neal into Thomas’ spot. This past Wednesday’s week 4 promo only featured 10 acts for Tuesday. But today, the AGT Instagram revealed that Broken Roots had joined the final quarterfinal group.
Broken Roots aka Austin Edwards and Joey Kar work as cops in Chicago. One of the singers just quit his job to start a music school for kids. Their audition, a cover of Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive” was the first time they ever played together. It was pretty amature stuff. Also, I have a feeling that the band members are police officers is not a coincidence….
UPDATE: Thomas told his Cameo fans that he withdrew due to a conflict with his High School football schedule. Check it out here on Reddit. “I withdrew because I couldn’t make it because of football,” Thomas says. “I am still pursuing music, and in college I’ll be pursuing music. That’s the truth. I wish there was something more to it.”
In normal times, Thomas might have been able to do both, but the show is probably expecting contestants to quarantine during competition.
Hilariously, Thomas is promising to spill the AGT details to folks who book a $25 cameo. I mean….
The remaining 11 acts performing on Tuesday include Howie Mandel’s Golden Buzzer, spoken word poet Brandon Leake.
America’s Got Talent 2020 Quarterfinals 4 Contestant List
- Alex Hooper @hooperhairpuff – Comedian – His insult comedy bombed last season. He came back, and the judges love him! He’s the only remaining comedian – VIDEO
- Bello Sisters @BelloSisters – Hand Balancing – The Italian trio perform an inventive hand balancing act. They come from a family of circus performers – VIDEO
- Brandon Leake @brandon_leake_ctm – Spoken word poet – Brandon is Howie Mandel’s Golden Buzzer pick. Dubious, in my opinion. – VIDEO
- Broken Roots – Singing Duo – Broken Roots is Back! In place of Thomas Day who is out of the Top 44 for an unknown reason. But hey, book a $25 cameo, and Thomas will tell you why! – VIDEO
- C.A. Wildcats @CA_Wildcats94 – Cheerleaders – The group compete all over the country – VIDEO
- Celina Graves @Celinagravesofficial – Singer – She goes by just Celina. The singer has struggled to stay true to who she is, and her father has supported her all the way – VIDEO
- Divas & Drummers of Compton @divasofcompton – Drumline/dancers – Two separate youth groups from Compton California come together to put on a show – VIDEO
- Kenadi Dodds @KenadiDoddsMusic – Teen Singer – Fifteen year old country singer-songwriter. Her entire family, except her, has a hereditary eye disease, and are going blind – VIDEO
- Lightwave Theatre Company @lightwave.theatre – Projection puppetry – The group performs as life size puppets, using light technology. It’s a little creepy! – VIDEO
- Noah Epps @n0ahsart – Kid dancer – Eleven year old’s creative choreography and bold moves are attention grabbing – VIDEO
- Resound @Officialresound – Singing group – Gospel a cappella singing group deliver beautiful harmonies – VIDEO
See a preview of the next America’s Got Talent below. AGT airs on NBC Tuesday August 24 and Wednesday August 25 at 8 pm ET/PT.