Thoughts and best wishes go out to Casey Abrams who has been battling a serious health crisis in the past several months.
The American Idol season 10 alum has been in and out of the hospital several times battling ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory, chronic disease of the colon, which has had a severe life-threatening impact on his health. Unfortunately on his fourth hospital visit, doctors removed the singer’s colon.
Doctor’s removed Casey’s entire colon during emergency surgery
Casey writes on Instagram: “Bad news: I had my entire colon removed. Good news: I don’t have ulcerative colitis anymore.”
The singer and musician continued, “I went to the hospital 4 times and on my 4th visit, I was bleeding so much that I had to have an emergency surgery to save my life.”
“I’m starting to sing, make music and play my bass again.”
“It’s been a month since the surgery and I am recovering nicely,” he continued. “I’ve had to cancel all my gigs for the rest of the year and I still have a surgery or 2 to go. I will keep you updated but as of now, I’m starting to sing, make music and play my bass again.”
He ended his message with thanks, “I’m very thankful for my hospital Providence St. Joseph, my Mom & Dad and everyone who reached out. In the last 3 months!”
Fellow singers, actors and reality show pals jumped into comments with words of support:
- Season 10 alum James Durbin: We love you so much Casey. Glad you got the care you needed in time and that you’re doing better. We miss you.
- Casey’s good friend Haley Reinhart: Trooper is an understatement my dear friend… you have been a warrior! So thankful to see you on the mend ???? Sending healing energies your way, always Case! X
- Season 6 alum Blake Lewis: Sending ya so much love my brother! ?? glad you’re on the mend
- The Voice alum Katie Kadan: Blessings to you!
- Season 10 alum Paul McDonald: I love you brother. So grateful that you’re feeling better!
- Actor Jordan Fisher: my god dude – sending all the love and healing in the world
- The Voice alum and American Idol voice coach India Carney: Sending my love and prayer.
- So You Think You Can Dance alum Comfort Fedoke: Ooooo wow sending much healing Casey Bassy
- X Factor USA alum CeCe Frey: Damn thinking of you Casey!!!! Hang in there!!!!
- The Voice alum WIll Champlin: Prayers on ya homie. Get well soon”\
- Season 5 alum Ace Young: ???
- Singer-songwriter Lisa Loeb: Sending lots of ?? and recovery.
- Singer-songwriter and The Masked Singer winner Jewel: “Awww man!!! Sending you ALL the love and healing vibes!!”
- Season 10 alum Stefano Langone: Life is a little sweeter after you go through adversity like this. Take this time, smell the roses, rest up and feel the love. There’s so much love here for you bro. Talk soon
- Season 6 alum and Twitch streamer Janell Wheeler: Sending you so much love. I hope you have a fast recovery bc the world needs you and your bright spirit lighting up our lives with your voice and talent!!!!
Get well soon Casey!