This week, the Idol insider interviews Randy Jackson. The AI veteran talks about his new role as mentor, calling himself a “nurturer at heart,” and gives fans a rundown of what he thinks each of the contestants need to work on, moving forward.
- CJ. Harris: He’s got to get more consistent, and sing more in tune.
- Jena Irene: She is in the zone. She just has to stay there and give an amazing performance every time.
- Caleb Johnson: He’s got to pick better songs, and also show differences in what he can do. Have some tender moments, not just loud moments.
- Jessica Meuse: She’s got to pick the best, the right song for her voice. What’s the right song? The song that you can sing the best! (He really said this. I’m not snarking)
- Alex Preston: He’s starting to find who he is in his zone. He’s got to stay there, stick there, and it’s going to work.
- Dexter Roberts: He is our quintessential country guy. He knows who he is. He’s just got to stay in that and deliver a great performance. Don’t worry about all of the theatrics of performing.
- Malaya Watson: What else does she have other than ballads? It can’t become a one trick thing.
- Sam Woolf: He’s got to get more consistent too. A lot of these kids are young–get them to believe in themselves, and take chances vocally. You don’t want a karaoke version of the song.
Well alrighty then. Who wants to start the drinking game?