Here’s my power list for this week. What do you think of my list? How would you order the Idols this week? The list isn’t my preference, but how I think they rank going into the Top 7 performance show.
- Crystal Bowersox – Crystal is still at the top. Yeah, she’s had a lot of press this week that could be characterized as bad press. But, I think her notoriety is going to help her this week. Plus, she’s freaking amazing, and still clearly the most polished and assured of the remaining performers.
- Lee Dewyze – Some members of the press have crowned Lee mostly likely to head into the finale with Crystal. And I would say, at this point, his stock is really high, even if he hasn’t quite provided that defining “moment” yet.
- Michael Lynch – Michael was standing next to Katie last week when she was eliminated, but according to Seacrest, he hadn’t even hit the Bottom 3. He had a decent performance on Tuesday, and I think he’s still riding on the good will of the Save.
- Casey James – Last week, Casey was back to his generic ways, delivering a competent, but stiff performance. Still, I think the dude’s got people. If he has a memorable performance this week, his stock could rise.
- Tim Urban – Oh Timmie. Behind your big sweet smile, I think you’re sly as a fox. I don’t think he’ll win, but a Top 5 or higher finish would not surprise me. The buzz about him in the press is not hurting him, either.
- Siobhan Magnus – Siobhan has to find her footing fast, or she’ll be a shock (or not so shocking) boot within the next few weeks. This week’s performance is very important for her.
- Aaron Kelly – Aaron isn’t improving from week to week, and I’m afraid the tween vote is being sucked away by Tim. If he gives another mediocre performance tonight, I think Aaron is a goner.