UPDATE: Are you going to tomorrow’s dress rehearsal? I need a show spy to feed me song spoilers! If you will be at dress rehearsal and willing to help me out, email me at mjsbigblog at gmail dot com.
This week, the Top 7 will sing songs that inspire them, mentored by R&B singer, Alicia Keys. The list of songs they’ll be choosing from is HERE.
Alicia will be back on Wednesday to perform on the big Idol Gives Back special, along with Sir Elton John, Carrie Underwood, The Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox, Jeff Beck & Joss Stone and Mary J. Blige & the All-Star Band.
What do you think the Idols should sing this week? I’m not very impressed with the list of songs–lots of dreck there. And please–NOBODY sing an Idol coronation song! Here are my picks, after the jump.
- Crystal Bowersox – “People Get Ready” by the Impressions. I really love this song, and think Crystal would do a beautiful job. She could even let go of her guitar this week.
- Lee Dewyze – “The Boxer” by Simon and Garfunkle – I’m not sure why this song is on the list, but I think Lee’s gruff vocals would be perfect here.
- Casey James – “I’ll Stand By You” by the Pretenders – Casey could do it all acoustic-like and have another “moment”.
- Siobhan Magnus – “You’re My Best Friend” – Queen – Siobhan could add her quirky little twist to this charming song. It could be a winner.
- Michael Lynche – “Everyday People” by Sly and the Family Stone – This tune is right in Michael’s wheelhouse. Or, he could do a twist on a woman’s song again–“I Am Changing” by JHud.
- Tim Urban – “Over the Rainbow” – Jason Castro and Kat Mcphee have had moments with this song already, but if Tim keeps it simple, he could once again win Idol viewers over with his charming innocence (even if his vocals aren’t all that).
- Aaron Kelly – “Angels” by Robbie Williams. Hey, he’s on a roll with the Archie comparisons, so why not?