The fifth and final night of American Idol 2021 auditions air on Sunday (March 14). Check out a rundown of singers who will perform in front of judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie. The hopefuls will be doing their best to earn a golden ticket to the Hollywood Round.
Ryan Seacrest returns to competition series as host, and eventually radio and TV personality Bobby Bones will join the season as in-house mentor.
The fifth and final night of American Idol 2021 auditions features….a bunch of auditions! ABC posted 23 hopeful on the network’s press site. About twice as many as usual. I’m assuming a BUNCH of these singers will be montaged. But in the meantime, we’ve got quite a few notable contestants vying for that spot in Hollywood.
There’s Andrea Valles from La Banda and Reina de la Canción. Madison Watkins who made it America’s Got Talent Judge Cuts in 2016. Ava August auditioned for The Voice 16 at 13 years old. She got on air, but no turns. Brianna Collichio is pursuing a singing career while managing Cystic Fibrosis. ABC leaked Colin Jamieson’s Idol audition, and all that smiling, winking and breathy singing? He performed in a New England boyband as a teen. X Factor USA alum Danny Falco sang in the same boy band as Colin, and is also auditioning for Idol before he ages out next season. 2020 finalist Francisco Martin accompanies his brother Kiko Martin to his American Idol audition. Jake Clark has over 700K Tik Tok followers. And Catie Turner’s boyfriend, Zack D’Onofrio returns for another shot at American Idol.
List of American Idol 2021 Auditions 5 Contestants
- Alana – Alana not only sings, but also plays tennis, but suffered an injury on 2019. Her father Ray Sherman coached college and professional football for more than four decades, most recently with the St. Louis Rams in 2015. Tennis page, Instagram.
- Althea Grace – Named after a Grateful Dead song, Althea is only 21, but spent her teen years with jazz and blues guitar players in Chicago. She also loves the Beatles and Fleetwood Mac. The mom of a two year old, Althea performed a song for the judges inspired by her daughter’s battle with liver disease. She had a transplant last year. – Watch her interview with ABC7 HERE.
- Andrea Valles – Andrea has already competed on La Banda and Reina de la Canción. She also does ukulele tutorials on YouTube. Watch her La Banda audition. Social Media: Instagram, You Tube
- Ava August – She’s a teen singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist from Southern Calif. She plays Ukulele, guitars and keyboard. At only 13 years of age, she auditioned with “House of the Rising Sun” for The Voice 16 and did not get a turn (Watch her audition HERE. OVERSINGING. Kelly Clarkson told her to calm down and come back.) Check out her website HERE.
- Brianna Collichio – Fifteen year old Brianna from Spencerport NY is pursuing a career in music, despite managing Cystic Fibrosis. The progressive, genetic disease causes chronic lung infections and limits the ability to breathe. But a new drug protocol has changed her life completely, although a couple of bouts with kidney stones complicated her audition schedule. Brianna says the show was very accomodating. She’s already released a few singles that she either wrote or co-wrote. She’s gone viral on TikTok which led her to audition for American Idol. Read more about it HERE.
- Cameron Allen – The Oklahoma City singer can be found on Instagram and Youtube.
- Colin Jamieson – The 22 year old wedding singer from Boxford Mass had his first audition at age 12. And apparently he and fellow hopeful Danny Falco sang in a local New England boy band together called Kik-it. (Preeety sure that’s Colin on the left. Heh) He gave up sports for music and learned just recently to play piano and guitar. Colin also loves fashion and cooking. Read more HERE. Check out a preview of his audition of Billie Eilish’s “Six Feet Under” HERE.
- Danny Falco – Yes. The name might sound familiar Danny auditioned for X Factor USA and made it to the Boot Camp round. He was cut at the Top 32, but stayed pals with fellow contestants Fifth Harmony. He’s 28 now, but back when he was only 16, he auditioned for Idol, and sang in front of the judges. But he had hurt his throat in an unfortunate grill bristle mishap and didn’t sing his best. I’m not kidding, the Taunton Mass singer describes it HERE. After high school, he was recruited to a boy band called Kik-It. Fellow Idol hopeful Colin Jamieson was also a member, the two are best friends. Danny performed with the boy band for five years. These days he works at Zales and is part owner of a pet supply store. After this season, at 28, he won’t be eligible for Idol anymore. Instagram page.
- Deshawn Goncalves – Twenty year old Ohio native Deshawn is a songwriter who currently studies music technology at Jackson State University. He released a single with the Paragon Project titled “Time is the Teacher.” – Read more about him HERE.
- Kiko with Francisco Martin – American Idol teased this duo for the premiere. But apparently they changed their minds and saved the clip for the final auditions episode. KIKO is….get ready for it…Kiko Martin. One would assume that he and Francisco, a finalist from last season, are brothers. Check out Kiko’s Instagram and Youtube.
- Helen Blondel & Sock – Yes she performs cover duets with a sock. She can throw her voice more or less. She also uploads belly dance tutorials on Youtube. Her Instagram is mostly belly dancing stuff. Belly dancing really seems to be her thing.
- Jackson Snelling – Seventeen year old Jackson Snelling describes himself as a rising star on his official website. He sings, plays the piano, and writes songs. Jackson is also autistic. He was diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder at a young age. He and his brother were adopted at birth. Jackson took part in Celebration of Music, a live singing contest. Official Website
- Jake Clark – Twenty year old Jake has over 740K followers on Tik Tok. Check out his single “La Guys” Social Media: Tik Tok, Instagram, Youtube
- Jay Camaro -St. Pete’s Florida singer Jay spoke with Tampa Bay’s Morning Blend HERE. He calls himself a 22 year old pop vocalist, singing since he was about 7 years old. He auditioned for both The Voice and America’s Got Talent. For his Idol audition in front of the judges he sang “Stand Up” by Cynthia Erivo and “This is Me” from The Greatest Showman. Instagram
- Liv Grace Blue – This 17 year old from Los Angeles is a Katy Perry Superfan. Here’s a quick preview of her “I Kissed A Girl” audition HERE.
- Luana Sandoval – She is an actress, singer/musician based in Nashville. She’s got an IMDB page with a few credits on it. Her Instagram header states “I wrote a song with Madonna’s guitarist.” On her Facebook page, she reveals that during her Idol audition, “You will hear and watch a never before performed version of the song Frozen by @madonna with a combination of pop/opera and oriental dance.” coughjokecontestantcough.
- Madison Watkins – Fayetteville, Arkansas native Madison will be singing an original song she wrote for her father. Watch her interview with a local TV station HERE. Also, Madison auditioned for America’s Got Talent in 2016. Watch her AGT Judge Cuts performance HERE. Madison was cut on stage while Brian Justin Crum moved on.
- Sloan Simon – Sloan, a 16 year old Pittsburgh area high school senior, almost didn’t audition for American Idol after making the cheerleading team. She actually auditions in her cheerleader uniform. She performed an original song “Laurel Canyon” plus Melanie’s “Brand New Key.” Read more about it HERE
- Steven Paul Cortez – Yo. Here’s Steven’s Facebook. He’s got a rock country sound and accompanies himself on electric guitar, mostly.
- Tryzdin Grubbs – The 16 year old was born 2 1/2 month premature and needed a ventilator to help his lungs develop. But he was able to belt out Adele’s “Hello” at age 11. The Youtube video has over 4 million views. Read more about it HERE.
- Vahhley – Get out the tissues! Vahhley became homeless after her marriage broke up and she and her young son went to live with her mom in Brooklyn. Her mother didn’t want the young singer always dependent on her, so Vahhley moved into a shelter. She lived there for 8 months before auditioning for American Idol where she sang “One Moment in Time” for the judges. Read about it HERE
- Wyatt Pike – Wyatt was enrolled at the College of Charleston and planned to study business. But before the semester began, he dropped out. The 19 Park City Utah native’s heart wasn’t in it. He took a gap year. He worked at a local radio station and gigged around town. Currently he’s studying virtually at the Berklee College of Music. Fun Fact: Watching Phillip Phillips win Idol inspired him to audition. Read more about Wyatt HERE. You can watch Wyatt impress the judges with an original song dedicated to his sister HERE.
- Zachary D’onofrio – Standards crooner Zachary is a returnee who will once again sing for the Idol judges. In 2018 he was eliminated during Hollywood Week. But he did gain a girlfriend–finalist Catie Turner. Watch for a cameo from the singer during the episode. Currently, he’s studying music management at Florida Southern College. Read more about his audition HERE and HERE.