The fourth night of American Idol 2021 auditions air on Sunday (Mar 7). Check out a rundown of singers who will perform in front of judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie. The hopefuls will be doing their best to earn a golden ticket to the Hollywood Round.
Ryan Seacrest returns to competition series as host, and eventually radio and TV personality Bobby Bones will join the season as in-house mentor.
This week’s auditions feature a singer who contributed a cut to the Crazy Rich Asians soundtrack, a former protege of Simon Cowell, a military member who sings in the Army band, and your usual collection of Tik Tok stars. Meet Sunday’s hopefuls below. Also, click through the photo album at the bottom of the page.
List of American Idol 2021 Auditions 4 Contestants
- Abby Lebaron – Check out her Instagram
- Alyssa Wray – 18 year old Alyssa is a freshman at Northern Kentucky University, studying musical theater. She told WTVQ.com that “I have been singing since I came out of the womb, I feel like.” She has almost 66K followers on Tik Tok. In an Idol promo, she can be heard singing Jennifer Hudson’s “I Am Changing” from Dreamgirls. When she was a little kid, Alyssa used to watch Idol with her mom in bed. Tik Tok, Instagram
- Anthony Key – Hmmm. Pretty sure Anthony is a joke contestant. But he wants to be a light to the world and a vision of hope! So there is that. He has a single out called “Key to My Heart,” natch. Youtube, Instagram
- Ash Ruder – She’s married, and a country songwriter. According to the Modesto Bee, Ash will sing an original song “Bryan’s Song” and dedicate it to her father. The song “chronicles his two decade struggle with addiction.” She auditioned for The Voice, but “didn’t make the cut.” Here’s a recent tune called “Mine.” Instagram Youtube
- Beane – Twenty-three year old singer from Montoursville, PA. He’s been studying music since age 5, and participated in school musicals. After high school, he got accepted to Berklee College of Music, graduating in 2019. In Boston, free to be himself, he came out as gay. The pandemic drove him to audition for Idol. In the meantime, the singer has released original music. Instagram Facebook Youtube Website
- Caleb Kennedy – Sixteen year old high school student performed “Can’t You See” by the Marshall Tucker Band and “When it Rains it Pours” by Luke Combs for producers. He flew for the first time, to California. In this piece, the reporter describes Caleb singing original tunes “That’s My Papa” (written for his grandfather) and “Nowhere” for a hometown crowd in Spartanburg, SC. Instagram Live at Smileys Watch Caleb sing “Nowhere” for the judges HERE.
- Cameron McGhar – Cameron sang “Girl Crush” by Little Big Town in front of the judges. The Chilton, Alabama singer has been watching Idol all of her life. She cheered in school, and also competed in beauty and talent pageants growing up. Instagram
- Cheryl K – Cheryl is already kinda famous. The Malaysian singer-songwriter appeared on the Crazy Rich Asians soundtrack, contributing the opening/closing track “Money (That’s What I Want)” in both English and Mandarin Chinese. She got on the soundtrack by submitting an audition tape. The young singer graduated from USC last year. Glamour interview. Instagram, You Tube
- Heather Russell – Heather is only 20, but she’s been in the music business for 10 years. Simon Cowell signed the Toronto singer to his Syco Records at the age of 10. She left the label two years later. She and her father wrote “Crazy Glue” which season 11 runner-up Jessica Sanchez covered on her 2011 EP. She put out a full length record My Metropolis on Gladiator. In 2015 the video for “Got This Feeling” premiered on Tiger Beat and Us Magazine. Read all about it on her Wikipedia page. Instagram Tik Tok You Tube
- Laila Mach – Teen singer from Poughkeepsie, New York has over 30K subscribers on her Youtube channel and has just released an album called Stuck on You. Last August she dropped an EP, and a month later, a single. Laila is a sophomore at the New Paltz High School. Instagram Facebook Youtube
- Michael Gerow – Sixteen year old high school student from St. Louis, MO, prepared “The Bed I Made,” by Allen Stone, “Lay Me Down” by Sam Smith and an original song “Nice Boy” for his Zoom audition. Michael hints that he sang the original, a heartfelt tune about breaking up with a girlfriend, in front of the judges. He auditioned for The Voice, but got cut before the Blind Auditions. He’s released a couple of singles, including “Broken.” He’s got 149K followers on TikTok. Also, find him on Instagram Soundcloud
- Murphy – Phillip Murphy Wiggins is a Baltimore street performer who goes by “Blind Boy” or just Murphy. Instagram Facebook Youtube. (He sounds a lot like last season’s runner-up Arthur Gunn). See a preview of his audition HERE.
- Re’h – In an American Idol promo, R’eh tells the judges that she wants to “share light and love and be an inspiration.” The Houston native, real name Raivyn Hearne, is a United States Army soldier and performs in the Army band. Her big sister is a Naval officer. Instagram Youtube