The American Idol 2019 finale guest star set list has been revealed. Sunday’s finale will feature the Top 3–Laine Hardy, Alejandro Arunda and Madison VanDenburg performing for YOUR VOTES. The winner will be revealed at the end of the show after tons of guests take the stage to perform.
There are discrepancies versus the video promo Idol posted last Sunday. For instance, Kool + The Gang is performing with finalist Uche, according to the clip. Maybe the Top 10 will appear as backup singers to the performance.
Also, from the official ABC press release:
The crowning moment will be preceded by special performances from music legends, including “Idol”‘s very own superstar judges, the return of fan-favorite contestants from the current season and a special visit by last season’s winner, Maddie Poppe. Poppe’s debut album, “Whirlwind,” drops on Friday, May 17.
The reigning American Idol winner gets a nod, but no performance. And I imaging she and her fans will remain upset. But at least VoKillz gets to perform, as Maddie’s boyfriend and fellow season 17 finalist observes.
Glad VoKillz is finally getting the support he deserves
— Caleb Lee Hutchinson (@calebleemusic) May 13, 2019
Additionally, the clip mentioned that Shayy will be performing with a “Grammy winning artist.” It’s a good bet Andra Day will appear as part of a “surprise” duet with Shayy.
Check out the full set list below.
- Adam Lambert to perform his new single, “New Eyes,” and “Bohemian Rhapsody” with Dimitrius Graham
- Carrie Underwood to make a special appearance during her Cry Pretty Tour 360 to perform her new hit single, “Southbound,” live on the “Idol” stage
- Daddy Yankee and Katy Perry to perform “Con Calma”
- Dan + Shay to perform “All To Myself” and “Speechless” with Madison VanDenburg
- Jon Pardi to perform a medley of “Night Shift” and “Dirt On My Boots” with Laine Hardy
- Kane Brown to perform “Good As You” and “Lost in the Middle of Nowhere” with Alyssa Raghu
- Katy Perry to perform “Unconditionally” with Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon
- Kool & The Gang to perform a medley of “Hollywood Swinging,” “Ladies Night” and “Celebrate” with the Top 10
- Luke Bryan to perform “Knockin’ Boots” and “Every Breath You Take” with Laci Kaye Booth
- Lionel Richie to perform “Dancing on the Ceiling” with the Top 10
- Montell Jordan to perform “This Is How We Do It” with Margie Mays and Austin Michael
- Viral sensation Shayy returns to perform Andra Day’s “Rise Up”
- Weezer to perform a medley of “Africa,” “Take On Me” and “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” with Wade Cota and Walker Burroughs
The American Idol 3 hour finale airs Sunday May 19 across all time zones (8:00–11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.