ABC reveals the guest performer and song lineup for MONDAY, MAY 21 (9:00–11:00 p.m. EDT) American Idol Grand Finale. At the end of the night, the winner of the 2018 season will be crowned.
I did a pretty good job of guessing which contestant would be matched up with which guest performer when American Idol made the original announcement. This finale lacks in star power, especially in comparison to what The Voice has planned. Nick Jonas, Darius Rucker and Bebe Rexha are the biggest stars to appear. And both Jonas and Rexha appeared during the season already (The former as a Top 7 mentor, the later as a Top 24 duet performer/mentor). But the plus side is that nearly every performance on the list involves a contestants. That’s a good thing.
Performances during the grand finale include:
- Bebe Rexha + Top 3 Finalists – “Meant to Be” by Bebe Rexha
- Darius Rucker + Caleb Lee Hutchinson – “Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker
- Gary Clark Jr. + Dennis Lorenzo + Cade Foehner – “Bright Lights” by Gary Clark Jr.
- Katy Perry + Catie Turner – “Part of Me” by Katy Perry
- Kermit the Frog + Maddie Poppe – “Rainbow Connection” from “The Muppet Movie”
- Layla and Dyxie Spring – “Blue” by LeAnn Rimes
- Lionel Richie + Top 10 Finalists – “All Night Long” by Lionel Richie
- Luke Bryan – “Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset” by Luke Bryan
- Luke Bryan + Gabby Barrett – “Most People Are Good” by Luke Bryan
- Nick Jonas + Mustard – “Anywhere” by Nick Jonas and Mustard
- Nick Jonas + Jurnee – “Jealous” by Nick Jonas
- Patti LaBelle + Ada Vox + Michelle Sussett – “Lady Marmalade” by Patti LaBelle
- Yolanda Adams with a choir of voices + Michael J. Woodard – “What the World Needs Now”
- The winner of Season 1 of American Idol on ABC will sing his/her winner’s single
Helping America determine who will become the next singing sensation are music industry forces and superstar judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie, with Emmy® Award-winning Ryan Seacrest returning as host.