American Idol 2016 Jeneve Mitchell Top 24 Season 15
American Idol 15 Top 24 Video Sneak Peek
Originally born in Las Vegas, Jeneve and her family moved to Crawford in 2007. There, Jeneve continued to work on her music and establishing herself as a singer. Since then, Jeneve and her father were the winning duo of the 2013 WMA “Harmony Duo of the Year” award and she also was a nominee for the 2014 “Crescendo Award.” Jeneve’s influences include Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash and Marty Robbins. In addition, Jeneve also enjoys the works of Janet McBride and Kristen Harris. When it comes to performing, Jeneve has done charities, parties, banquets and contests.
Over the summer, Jeneve auditioned for American Idol. According to The Idol Pad, Jeneve made it through Hollywood Week all the way to the showcase round, where she performed Ring Of Fire, by Johnny Cash. Receiving a standing ovation from Keith Urban, on Judgment Day, Jeneve was officially admitted to the top 24.
Instruments Jeneve Plays: Cello, Fiddle, Banjo, Mandolin, Stand-Up Bass, Guitar, Harp and Flute
- Website: http://www.jeneverosemitchell.com/index.php
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jeneve_Rose
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF6Ar04WdkzzbpNmpXUbDHg/videos
- Instagram: n/a
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Jeneve-Rose-Mitchell-152984584891237/
- Soundcloud: n/a
Overall Thoughts: I try to be constructive in these opinion parts of my articles, so here is what I think Jeneve needs to do if she wants to make the top 12. Right now, Jeneve definitely has lots and lots of originality, even I would say that she is one of the more unique contestants in the top 24. My advice is to keep using her stand-up bass in her performances and also try and incorporate some of the other cool instruments she plays. Also, and this is most important, Jeneve needs to take a step out of the hillbilly country lane and not let it contain the song choices she picks. If every week we get the same kind of songs people will get bored quickly. She needs to take current songs and adapt them to her genre. Show us that you are versatile Jeneve, don’t just pick songs the majority of viewers don’t know! I think it would be really cool to see her switch up some modern songs into country or bluegrass. I may be in the minority, but I’m excited to see what Jeneve does this season.
- Blank Space, by Taylor Swift. Jeneve is no Amy Vachal, but I see her pulling off a similar version of this song if she chooses it.
- Somebody To Love, by Jefferson Airplane. Joey Cook managed to flip this song into bluegrass. Jeneve could do a similar version.
- Where The Blacktop Ends, by Keith Urban. This could be fun.
Jeneve sang “Chainsaw” by the Band Perry at her Denver Colorado audition. Click to check out her FULL audition! The singer accompanied herself on cello.
More American Idol Performances:
I'm a typical college student balancing a journalism major with my love for reality singing shows.
Latest posts by Adam Samuel (see all)
- Jon Mero: The Voice Season 13 Spotlight – Versace on the Floor (VIDEO) - 10/09/2017
- Davon Fleming: The Voice Season 13 Spotlight - 10/03/2017
- Addison Agen: The Voice Season 13 Spotlight - 10/03/2017