For next Wednesday’s milestone 500th episode, The Top 3 will sing 3 songs each. As in the past, the songs will be chosen by folks other than the contestants themselves. But WHO picks the songs will be a bit different than prior seasons.
- Judges Choice – The judges choose songs for each of the contestants
- Randy’s Choice – The finalists’ “Mentor” will hand out assignments (God help them)
- Hometown Choice – We’ve already caught wind of this via reports out of New Hampshire that Alex Preston’s hometown folk had been asked to vote on a song. A Fox source tells TV Line, “each contestant’s hometown has also picked one encore from all the songs the Idol has performed this season.”
- For Jena Irene’s Hometown Choice, it was between “Creep” and Clarity”
- For Alex Preston’s Hometown Choice, it was between “Story of My Life” and “A Team”
This weekend, the finalists who advance to the Top 3 will fly back to their hometowns for a big celebration, captured on film to air during next week’s shows! I attended Angie Miller’s hometown party this year. If New Hampshire resident, Alex Preston advances, I’ll have an opportunity to attend AGAIN! Think I should go?
Via TV Line