Song Spoilers from JoesPlaceBlog and Rickey.org
1. Clint Jun Gamboa – Superstition by Stevie Wonder
2. Jovany Barreto – I’ll Be by Edwin McCain –
3. Jordan Dorsey – OMG by Usher
4. Tim Halperin – Streetcorner Symphony (Come On Over) (Rob Thomas)
5. Brett Loewenstern – Light My Fire – Doors
6. James Durbin – You Got Another Thing Comin’ by Judas Priest
7. Robbie Rosen – Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan
8. Scott McCreery – Letters From Home – John Michael Montgomery
9. Stefano Langone – Just The Way You Are – (Bruno Mars)
10. Paul McDonald – Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart
11. Jacob Lusk – House is Not a Home
12. Casey Abrams – I Put a Spell On You
Nigel Lythgoe tweeted after last night’s Idol taping, “I think only 2 or 3 guys chose bad songs or more clearly, songs that didn’t suit them. There really is some great vocal talent in the show.”
Show tidbits from @blkeener Read her recap HERE.:
- Jovanny Barretto sang the song twice after the judges left! You’ll see the 2ned performance. Nigel was sitting in the judges seat during 2nd performance. He started to Swaybot
- Jlo and Steven BOTH cried after Jacob Lusk’s performance
- Paul, Jacob and Casey got Standing Ovations. INCREDIBLE.
- James, Paul, Casey, Scotty & Jacob got the best judges’ critiques
- Scotty hits a higher note at the end. The crowd loved him. Every1 kept shouting “baby lock them doors…
- Paul made use of the stage. Quirky
- NO INSTRUMENTS AT ALL.
- After Jordan Dorsey sang OMG “This is not you…this isn’t you” He said he knew, but the “song was offered to me so I sang it.”
- Brett is awkward on stage but in a good way. Almost ran into the mic stand & he whips his hair a lot (Nigel counted 14)
- Tim Halperin did not get good responses from the judges (Not you, don’t know if it’s going to get you through)
- Nigel makes his presence known
- “It’s like a legit stage now. It’s pretty awesome. NO PIT! GOODBYE SWAYBOTS. Brittany says it the same stage as Top 12/13.
- Casey Abrams didn’t come out at first w/ the boys. He seemed exhausted & went backstage a few times. Did not affect his performance. Ryan Seacrest mentioned that he was ill.
- Full audience. 700 people!
- Ryan doesn’t mention facebook votes. He said the voting was at the Idol site.
- The band is to the left of the stage (looking at it) they are visible.
- Stefano struggled with some of the high notes singing Bruno Mars.
- Robbie was def nervous & had mic issues so had to start over. Randy called him pitchy, JLo said he told a story.
- Ryan gave Steven a “bleep sign” to use when he needs to say colorful words. No F-Bombs. But I think he used the sign once.
- There was a Simon comment: Randy gave Robbie a bad critique & his grandma wasn’t happy. Randy blamed it on the chair’s previous owner.
Photo via @DizzyFeet The show begins! (at about 8:30ET)
Casey Abrams Update: According to TMZ, Casey received a blood transfusion at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center this morning, and was released earlier today.
Casey has now done two rehearsals for the taping tonight — featuring the top 12 male finalists.
A source connected with the show tells TMZ Casey will not have to return to the hospital.
OK, This is the thread for the Top 12 Boys song spoilers. I’m expecting a call from Brittany as soon as she gets out of tonight’s taping, so watch this space for the deets! (The taping began around 6 pm ET)
In the meantime, here are a few tweets from Brittany to hold you over. She describes tonight’s set up, and a few other details:
It is def a bigger stage setup with balcony seats. Said those in balcony would only see judges
They are still buiding the set…oh boy. Seats are 360 degrees, seats on the stage as well.
If you get the section X…the balcony seats, they will give you a guarentee free pass for another showing. They didn’t realize the seats suck