- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Bucky Covington at Recher Theatre, Towson, MD
Didi Benami at Rockwood Music Hall, New York, NY
Elliott Yamin at the Hard Rock Cafe, Pittsburgh, PA
Jason Castro at the El Rey Theatre, Chico, CA
More at IdolStages
Kelly Clarkson’s “Mr. Know It All” music video will premiere on VEVO Monday September 26 at 12:00am
Kelly Clarkson appears on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Tuesday September, 20., Jordin Sparks on Fox and Friends, Tuesday September 13 and The Talk on Friday September 16.
Lauren Alaina tweets, “Band rehearsal was incredible(: thanks for making all of my dreams come true & for showing so much support(: I love y’all forever and a day”
Fox, NBC Agree to End ‘American Idol,’ ‘Deal or No Deal’ Lotteries
Don’t count on seeing any cheesy viewer text message contests on TV anytime soon.
NBC Universal, Fox Broadcasting Company, and many of the production companies behind some of the most successful reality TV competition shows have agreed to an extraordinary five-year injunction that will prohibit them from operating any contest or sweepstakes where viewers make a submission via text message for the possibility of winning a prize.
The agreement by the media companies, which includes a large cash pay-out, comes as part of a proposed settlement to end a class action lawsuit alleging Fox’s American Idol and NBC’s Deal or No Deal took advantage of viewers by running illegal lotteries.
Read more at THR
BMG Continues Music Publishing Buying Spree With Bug Music
There seems to be no stopping the acquisition tear by Bertelsmann’s BMG Rights Management: It appears to have outbid American Idol creator Simon Fuller to buy Bug — the quirky independent music publishing company whose library includes “What a Wonderful World,” “Fever” and “Happy Together.” Although the companies didn’t disclose the sale price, Reuters said Bug was expected to fetch about $300M.
Read more at Deadline
Pia Toscano Revels in Her ‘Rock-Star Moment’ in the Making of ‘This Time’ Video — Exclusive
“X Factor” can’t live up to its own hype. Neither can “Terra Nova.” And “The New Girl,” less ambitious but perhaps better crafted, may be more successful than either.
The top-rated network in the coveted 18-49 year-old demographic could have coasted on “Glee” and last season’s successful revamp of “American Idol.” Instead, it is trying to topple CBS in total viewers. It hopes to expand on the success of “Idol,” TV’s most successful show, and to create a vast new sci-fi mythology more inclusive than the one “Lost” successfully introduced in 2004.
But Fox may be most successful with “New Girl,” at least in terms of profitability. (Sitcoms may be less glamorous, but they’re a lot cheaper to make than event shows.)
We aren’t by any means predicting first-season cancellations for “X Factor” or “Terra Nova.” But we’ll be stunned if either comes close to the ratings for “Idol” — the only kind of numbers that would seem to justify the huge costs and hype for the new shows.
Read more at The Wrap
How 9/11 Helped Make ‘American Idol’ a Success
So much changed in pop culture following the horrific terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Back then, in the aftermath of the tragedy, Americans were floundering–feeling lost, frightened, insecure, unsafe. Almost instantly, dozens movies and shows were shelved or drastically re-edited, and more than 100 potentially offensive songs were yanked from radio playlists. This was a time when Americans didn’t want “edgy” entertainment, but familiar, cozy fare that would make them feel hopeful and encouraged–the televised equivalent of comfort food.
Read more at Yahoo Music
Simon Cowell blasts Nigel Lythgoe over criticism
Cowell says he was incensed when Lythgoe, the executive producer of Idol, publicly said the show was a “lighter” place with a happier atmosphere ever since Cowell quit.
“I called him out on it,” Cowell admits.
“I said, ‘Nigel, even if you feel that way, you’ve got to remember that I put nine years of my life into that show and was part of the reason it became such a hit. This is unprofessional, it’s disrespectful, and it’s not what you should be doing as a human being and as a producer. So just stop it.’ And it stopped. It was stupid.’
Read more at Monster&Critics
Threat level in ‘Glee’ feud
“Glee” star Cory Monteith has been clashing with show creator Ryan Murphy over Monteith’s claims that the cast is overworked and underpaid.
Taping resumed last month, and Monteith and Murphy have been sparring about cast members’ work schedule and rights to more cash from their tours and albums from the hit Fox show.
The situation has become so severe that Murphy is reconsidering the role of Finn Hudson that Monteith plays on the show, according to sources.
Read more at the New York Post
Kathy Griffin and Chris Colfer support Chaz Bono at the Creative Arts Emmys
Chaz Bono’s documentary Becoming Chaz was nominated for a Creative Arts Emmy for Outstanding Nonfiction Special and the new ballroom warrior took a break from his grueling rehearsals to spend some time with his girlfriend Jennifer Elia at the award show on Saturday.
Watch the Video at Entertainment Tonight
- Powered by Disqus
- Danielle Bradbery – Born To Fly – The Tonight Show – VIDEO
- So You Think You Can Dance 10 – Meet Your Top 20 (Photos)
- Sopranos Star James Gandolfini Dead at 51
- Glee Season 5 Spoilers: Kurt Joins A Band, No Love For Klaine Proposal (VIDEO)
- Miley Cyrus Twerks and Grinds in her New “We Can’t Stop” Music Video
- Big Brother 15 Introduces 2 New Twists
- Blake Shelton On the Haters: They Can Kiss My Ass Now
- Big Machine Label Group Signs The Voice Winner Danielle Bradbery (She Begins Recording on Monday!)
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Dips, SYTYCD Falls
- The Voice Tony Lucca Debuts Never Gonna Let You Go Music Video
- Nashville Music Producer T Bone Burnett Not Returning to The Show
- Idol Headlines for 6/19/13
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 06/16/13
- The Voice 4 Finale! Results, Recap, Videos
- America’s Got Talent – Season 8 Auditions, Week 3 – Live Blog and Discussion
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Top 20 Reveal- Live Blog and Discussion
- Kelly Clarkson Confirms via Twitter She WON’T Be Joining American Idol
- Fifth Harmony Unveil “Miss Movin On” Lyric Video
- The Voice 4 – Finale – Top 3 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- FIRST LISTEN: Kelly Clarkson’s New Country Single “Tie It Up” (STUDIO VERSION)!
- Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts Sings “Someone Somewhere Tonight” on The View (VIDEO) (UPDATED)
- Official Video: Kree Harrison’s Grand Ole Opry Debut, Duet With Keith Urban (Bonus Carrie Underwood Video)
- Monday Ratings: The Voice and The Winner Is… Ticks Up
- Ne-Yo and Cher Lloyd – It’s All Good – Song Premiere (AUDIO)
- Jessica Sanchez and PS22 Chorus Perform “Clarity” Trevor Live NYC (VIDEO)