Update: Videos after the jump!
It’s Rock Week on X Factor. Cheryl accuses Simon of forcing a Rock week in order to prop up his performers. Cheryl’s visting the grassy knoll!
I have to say, it’s really startling to watch the judges gushing over performances that totally suck. Joe McElderry and Lloyd Daniels come to mind.
My favorites tonight: Lucie and Olly. Oh, and John and Edward, for the lulz.
Videos after the JUMP
- Joe McElderry – “Don’t Stop Believing” – This kid is totally devoid of a blues or soul edge–necessary in my opinion to sing most rock music. Seriously ZZZ. Simon’s critique was right on – VIDEO
- Lucie Jones – “Sweet Child of Mine” – She’s a dark horse, and one of the few from this bunch who doesn’t make my ears bleed – VIDEO
- Lloyd Daniels – “I Kissed A Girl – This song loses it’s naughty cheekiness sung by a guy. Boring. And the singing? Please. @God. Make. It. Stop. SOB. Lloyd needs to go. Like NOW. – VIDEO
- Danyl Johnson – “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” Whoa. PITCHY! Yikes. Simon looks a little ill. Dannii is right–Danyl has officially lost his mojo. He looks really freaked out. – VIDEO
- Stacey Soloman – “Somewhere Only We Know” – Stacey’s unpolished, but I think she’s got potential. Great song choice, but tonight she’s pitchy and unsure. – VIDEO
- Jamie Archer – “Get Your Rocks Off” – Eh. Out of all the great rock songs in the universe, Jamie picks this? Jamie is a great performer, why waste talent on crap? – VIDEO
- Rachel Adedeji – “One” – Despite a little pitchiness, Rachel does a nice job here. Nice arrangement. After nearly getting eliminated the first two weeks, she’s back in the game – VIDEO
- John and Edward – “We Will Rock You” – They suck so bad. It’s AWESOME! The choreographer is in on the joke which adds extra hilarity. The look on Simon’s face is priceless. – VIDEO
- Olly Murs – “Come Together” – Olly has found his groove and his confidence–that’s what makes him appealing at this point. He’s my favorite of the guys, by far. – VIDEO