Simon Cowell and ITV confirmed Simon’s return to X Factor UK.
Check out the press release:
The X Factor Creator Simon Cowell Returns To UK Show For 2014
ITV and Simon Cowell are delighted to announce that he is to return to the UK X Factor in Autumn 2014.
Simon Cowell will lead the judging panel when the most talked about show on UK television returns to ITV screens for its 11th series later this year.
Simon, the creator of The X Factor, returns to the UK X Factor after three years in the US working on the American version of the hit worldwide show.
The record label executive, whose entertainment company Syco co-produces The X Factor with Fremantle Media UK, says: “I’m absolutely thrilled to be returning to The X Factor UK. It’s been three years since I last judged the competition and I’m excited to find a global superstar again.”
“The UK X Factor has set the benchmark in finding worldwide superstars over the years – including One Direction, Leona Lewis, Cher Lloyd, Olly Murs, JLS and Little Mix.”
Simon continued: “Despite all the rumours, ITV and the producers have not decided on the rest of the judging panel quite yet. You’ll just have to wait and see….”
Peter Fincham, ITV’s director of television, said: “It’s fantastic news that Simon is returning to The X Factor. We are all very much looking forward to him re-joining the judging panel later this year.”
Sara Geater, CEO Fremantle Media UK: “We’re delighted to welcoming Simon back to the panel for this year’s X Factor and are looking forward to what is sure to be a great series.”
Notes to editors:
– The rest of the UK XF judging panel will be announced in the coming months.
– The XF UK will return to British TV in Autumn. Judges auditions are due to start in June.
– The X Factor is one of the biggest brands in the world and individual versions of the show currently air in 45 countries.
– Stars that have emerged from the X Factor have sold more than 150 million records to date, making the show incomparable in its success versus rival talent shows.
The press release says the rest of the judging panel will be announced in the coming months, but according to The Sun, Simon will be reunited with his old pal Louis Walsh.
And X Factor USA? According to Daily Mirror, it will be “rested”.
I cover X Factor UK for MJsBigBlog.com.
Latest posts by Mateja Praznik (see all)
- Little Mix – No More Sad Songs (feat. MGK) – Music Video - 03/29/2017
- X Factor UK Headlines for 03/26/17 - 03/26/2017
- Liam Payne and Cheryl have a Son - 03/25/2017