The X Factor Top 32 will be cut in half tonight. The remaining 16 contestants will go on to compete in the Live shows beginning with the big 2 1/2 hour “Wildcard” (whatever that means) show set for next Tuesday, October 25 at 8 pm.
Fake scripted drama for the win.! Ok, who doesn’t believe that whole Simon Cowell “Whoopsie doodle! I made the wrong decision!” deal was totally manufactured? Y’all know it was. Simon made some questionable decisions. Simone and Tiah? Really? And you eliminate Caitllin? Seriously?
The overall group seems geared to produce either a female winner, or at the very least–an R&B boy. The frontrunners at the moment, I think, are Drew, Chris Rene, Leroy Bell, Marcus Canty, Rachel Crow and Melanie Amaro.
But of course, that list will change once the live shows begin. I’ll be posting power lists like I did with Idol. And I fully expect them to be crap, but that’s not going to stop me! I’m a glutton for punishment…
A Recap of What Has Already Happened. Blah blah blah. Simon is in France with his girls, Nicole and Enrique Iglesias in Malibu with the Overs, Paula and Pharrell in Santa Barbara with the Groups. and LA and Rihanna in The Hamptons with the boys.
This is just like the Chairs episode, but dragged out to two hours. Since we’ve seen all of these contestants already, it’s hard to imagine this holding my interest. Two hours of crying? No thanks.
OOPS Simon is changing his mind.He flies to Florida to tell Melanie Amaro she’s in the competition after all.
TOP 16 TOP17
Simon – Girls
- Simone Battle – UGH. Simone dialed it back for Judges Houses, giving a subtler performance, but I’m thinking that was a one off. I’m expecting uneven performances from her in the live shows.
- Drew Ryniewicz – YAY! So glad the spoilers were wrong! I usually don’t care for the teenagers, but this 14 year old is extraordinary. She’s my favorite right now. Simon would have been completely mental not to advance her.
- Tiah Tolliver – UGH. Simon picked her apart…and then told her she was going through. I don’t get it. Wait. Yes I do. Simon loves his controversial contestants. The more we hate her, the more he’ll love it. He’s all about the controversy.
- Rachel Crow – 13 years old. When she opens her mouth to sing, she sounds like an old soul. But when she speaks, she seems even younger than 13. I hope she’s mature enough to handle this competition.
- Melanie Amaro – Yeah, so Simon traveled all the way to Sunrise FL to tell her sorry I
freaked you out in the name of scripted dramamade a mistake, but you’re advancing to the lives after all! Thank Jeebus.
Nicole – Overs
- Josh Krajcik – Yes! I don’t think he’ll last long–he’s not very marketable–but he’s got a unique, soulful growl I want to hear more of.
- Dexter Haygood – Non-stop crying. Holy crap. She takes him anyway. He’s the joke contestant. He’s in the competition for the dramz. Sadly, I don’t think he realizes it.
- Leroy Bell – This dude is gifted. So glad he made it. Hope he gets to sing one of his own songs during the competition.
- Stacy Francis – GAH STOP CRYING. And please, You’ve had a million chances in show business–from semi-hit records to a stint on Broadway. Quit acting like you just fell off a truck.
Paula – Groups
- Brewer Boys – I think these boys are adorable. There. I said it.
- Lakoda Rayne – Too bad girls, you’re going to have to put up with each other for a little while longer. It might be amusing watching them implode.
- InTENsity – Aw look. The little gleek/Disney knockoffs are going to the lives. The kids will vote for them, but don’t think their moms will, so they probably won’t last.
- Stereo Hogzz – They all gone done jumped in the pool when they heard they made it.
LA – Boys
- Brian Bradley – 14 – He can’t wait until he can’t walk to the corner store anymore. Yeesh. That’s all part of his fake braggadocio act, right? Oh, and he’s looking forward to the girls. This kid has talent, but I think he’s too young.
- Phillip Lomax – Sinatra guy seemed pretty shocked to be put through. I question his versatility.
- Chris Rene – He’s talented. I hope to God he can maintain his sobriety going through the gauntlet of a live competition. Praying for you Chris.
- Marcus Canty – R&B boy is through. He’s very marketable. Won’t be surprised if he goes deep in the competition.
Simon – Girls
- Torah Woloshin – Too bad, I liked her! She had edge.
- Jazzlyn Little – Simon thinks her “grit” got polished off. She cried her eyes out. I liked her, but she was a nervous wreck. In a few years, she should give Idol a shot. Or the Voice.
- Caitlin Koch – He spent the time praising her…then he eliminated her. Definitely a WTF elimination. She should have been through instead of Tiah or Simone.
Melanie Amaro – WTF. This chick was good.
Nicole – Overs
- Christa Collins – She mentioned that her “world ended at 12” but we never got her her true backstory–that her mother died. She seems so sad. I hope she lands on her feet.
- James Kenney – This guy was fantastic. But he was cannon folder from the beginning. Too bad. I think Simon is pointedly avoiding cougar bait. He wants his girl winner this year.
- Tiger Budbill – Poor guy will probably lose his house now. He’s got a fabulous voice, but very old fashioned. Again, Simon is avoiding cougar bait.
- Elaine Gibbs – Would have preferred her so much over the weepy over-singer, Stacy. Sorry Elaine, you’re just way too normal for X Factor.
Paula – Groups
- Illusion/Confusion – Lead singer: “We’re mad as hell”. Also, cannon fodder from day one. Corny. Not said to see them eliminated.
- 4Shore – Decent singers, but way too 90’s boy band to be credible.
- 2squar’d – TEARS. These girls were barely given a chance, but from what we saw, their elimination isn’t a loss.
- The Anser – Paula thinks they don’t blend, so bye bye. I would have put them through instead of the unpolished Lakoda Rayne.
LA – Boys
- Skyelor Anderson – He is not only green, but average as far as country singers go.
- Brennin Hunt – He’s shocked. And disappointed. But sorry Brennin. The handwriting was on the wall. No White Guys With Guitars allowed. Again, nothing can get in the way of that girl winner Simon’s gunning for. The handsome and talented Brennin would have had females voting their fingers off. The bitch edit he got was an attempt to take the edge off his elimination.
- Nick Voss – Thank Jeebus. This dude was a joke.
- Tim Cifers – Of course NO country guys were gonna get through. Scotty McCreery killed your dream, Tim! Well, not really, but you know what I mean.
Tiger Budbill & LeRoy Bell
Tiah Tolliver & Caitlin Koch
The Anser & The Stereo Hogzz
Stacy Francis & Elaine Gibbs
Simone Battle & Tora Woloshin
Rachel Crow & Melanie Amaro
Nick Voss, Phillip Lomax, Brennin Hunt & Skyelor Anderson
Marcus Canty & Tim Cifers
InTENsity & Lakoda Rayne
Dexter Haygood, James Kenney & Christa Collins
2squar’d, The Brewer Boys & Illusion Confusion
Melanie Amaro brought back to the XFactor