Some fans who were hanging outside the arena in Portland were invited in to watch dress rehearsal for tonight’s debut American Idols Live concert. There are various twitters (here and here) and an account on Idol Forums HERE. Here’s a list of spoilers I cobbled together:
- Michael Sarver: “I’m in Love with a Girl” by Gavin Degraw, “Closer” by Neyo
- Megan Joy: “Put Your Records On” by Corrine Baily Rae and “Tears Dry on Their Own” by Amy Winehouse
- Scott MacIntyre: “Bend and Break” by Keane and “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton
- Lil Rounds: “Be Without You” by Mary J Blige, “No One” by Alicia Keys, “Single Ladies” by Beyonce
- Anoop Desai:”Always on My Mind” by Willie Nelson, “Mad” by Ne-Yo, “My Prerogative” by Bobby Brown
- Matt Giraud: “Hard to Handle” by the Black Crowes “Georgia” “You Found Me” by the Fray
- Group Medley: Megan and Lil sing “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” Matt and Scott on duel pianos for “Tell Her About It” by Billy Joel, Michael sings “Suspicious Minds” by Elvis Presley, Anoop begins singing Madcon’s “Beggin”, but it’s in the style of the original 1967 4 Seasons version–Matt, Scott and Michael join in. Lil sings the Madcon rap, and Megan joins her.
- Allison Iraheta: “So What” by Pink “Cry Baby” by Janis Joplin, “Barracuda” by Heart
- Danny Gokey: “P.Y.T.” by Michael Jackson, “Maria Maria” by Santana, “What Hurts the Most” by Rascal Flatts, “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts.
- Adam Lambert: “Whole Lotta Love” by Led Zepplin “Starlight” by Muse “Mad World” by Tears for Fears/Gary Jules “Slow Ride” by Foghat w/ Allison, Bowie Medley: “Life on Mars”, “Fame”, “Let’s Dance”
- Kris Allen: “Heartless” by Kanye West, “No Boundaries”, “Bright Lights” by Matchbox 20, “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers and “Hey Jude” by The Beatles (the Idols join Kris for the “na nas”)
- “Don’t Stop Believing” The Top 10 – Encore
Kris played acoustic guitar on “Heartless” and “No Boundaries”, piano on “Sunshine” and electric guitar on “Hey Jude”
Megan Joy was wearing “A pink heels and a tight neon pink mini-dress that kept riding up and showing her spankies”
Anoop Desai puts on a really dorky pair of black and blue rimmed glasses in the middle of his set.
“A lot of the Idols did a lot of shirt unbuttoning and shirt removing…Lil took off a long blinged-out trench coat to reveal a form-fitting pantsuit before Single Ladies, Anoop took off his jacket before My Prerogative, Danny took off his coat before Maria Maria and then unbuttoned his shirt several times (he was sweating like crazy, lol), Adam took off his AMAZING SkinGraft jacket before the Bowie Medley, for which he was only wearing a black tank top”