The Voice season 15 FINALS continue on Monday (Dec 3). The Top 10 contestants will sing for your votes. On Tuesday (Dec 4) two more singers will be eliminated. Ahead of the episode, let’s rate the contestants from Team Jennifer Hudson, Team Adam Levine, Team Kelly Clarkson and Team Blake Shelton.
Last week, Comeback Artist Lynnea Moorer was eliminated from Team Kelly. In an interview with Access Hollywood conducted afterward, Lynnea commented on coming to the broadcast at the Top 13, “I definitely think the Comeback Stage got a lot of hate…well I got a lot of hate. Just the fact that you were joining the people that were already on the show they kind of felt like it was cheating.” Dang. At least she got to spend a couple of weeks on the live shows.
Here’s how I rank the Top 10 this week. How about you?
10. DeAndre Nico – Team Adam – Lynnea lost the Instant Save sing-off to DeAndre Nico who wound up in the bottom two. That, after pouring himself into a performance of “Cry for You” by Jodeci that had the coaches on their feet. I’m not sure what more he can do to impress viewers at home. Therefore, he sits at the bottom of my list.
9. Dave Fenley – Team Blake – I’m just going to assume that after that mess of a performance last week of Bill Wither’s “Use Me” Dave was in the bottom 3.
8. Sarah Grace – Team Kelly – Sarah is a personal favorite. I am impressed by her talent, creativity and musicality. But she’s got stiff competition from her fellow teens. Her performance last week fell a bit short, therefore, she sits in this week’s bottom three.
7. Kymberli Joye – Team Kelly – Kymberli wants to be a gospel artist after The Voice and her passionate performance of Tasha Cobbs’ “Break Every Chain” demonstrated to viewers who she really is as an artist. She’s got a good shot of making it to next week’s blood bath, at least.
6. Chris Kroeze – Team Blake – While Kirk Jay is the star of Team Blake, Chris will definitely outlast Dave Fenley. While Chris’ karaoke cover of “Long Train Running” last week was a bit disappointing, the singer generally offers creative covers of well known songs. It’s a good formula for success.
5. Reagan Strange – Team Adam – Out of the teens, Chevel is more unique, Kennedy more polished and Sarah more musical. Yet, Reagan has won the 5x streaming iTunes bonus two weeks in a row. Go figure. The girl has people.
4. Chevel Shepherd – Team Kelly – The only female country singer in the competition is a mear 16, but has a real connection to classic country that shines through in her performances. I wouldn’t mind if she snuck into the finals.
3. Kirk Jay – Team Blake – Blake seems gung-ho on launching an African American country star. Kirk comes after season 14’s Spensha Baker and Season 13’s Keisha Renee. While the former performed country songs in an R&B style, Kirk has a real feel for country storytelling, but with a soulful twist. He’s got a real chance to make the finals.
2. MaKenzie Thomas – Team Jennifer – MaKenzie Thomas is too adult contemporary for my tastes. I wish she’d break out of her box songwise. However, there’s no denying MaKenzie is a skilled songstress. That girl knows her way around a run. She has a real shot at making the finals.
1. Kennedy Holmes – Team Jennifer – The youngest singer in the group brought the house down with a performance of “Greatest Love of All” that basically served as a tribute to the late Whitney Houston.