The Voice season 12 two-part finale is next week on NBC. And this post (which I’ll pin to the left side bar) will be constantly updated with song and guest star spoiler. However, I will release a separate song spoiler post when the tunes are officially released on iTunes. On Monday, March 22, The Top 4: Lauren Duski, Chris Blue, Aliyah Moulden and Jesse Larson will perform for your votes. On Tuesday March 23, the winner will be announced.
As they have in the past couple of years, The Voice finalists will record original songs for their winners single. For instance, Lauren Duski has confirmed she will be singing a self-penned tune.
Yes! I will be performing one of my originals Monday night. I am SO EXCITED ??????????? https://t.co/gtJO8wkJlN
— Lauren Duski (@LaurenDuski) May 18, 2017
- Also, Brennley Brown and Rascal Flatts are set to pre-record a duet on Saturday May 20. Tickets are available at 1iota.com
(Hm. I wonder if the duet song will be “Are You Happy Now” the duet the group recorded with American Idol 10 runner-up Lauren Alaina for their latest album?
Tuesday Finale Performances From NBC Press:
- Superstar Duets: Former “Voice” coach CeeLo Green will perform “Shining Star” with Jesse Larson; Little Big Town will perform “Better Man” with Lauren Duski; Puerto Rican, international superstars Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee will perform their No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 single “Despacito” with Mark Isaiah; Gladys Knight will perform “You’re the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me” and “Neither One” with Vanessa Ferguson and TSoul; and Rascal Flatts will perform “Yours If You Want It” with Brennley Brown.
- Global superstar and season 13 coach Miley Cyrus will return to “The Voice” stage to perform her new single, “Malibu,” which is the first single off of her forthcoming album due for release later this fall. “Malibu,” which is available now at all digital retail providers, has hit #1 at iTunes in more than 35 countries and the video is now over 40 million views in just a few days.
- Country artist Chris Stapleton will perform his ballad “Either Way” from his recently released sophomore solo album, “From A Room: Volume 1,” which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart and #2 on the Billboard Top 200 chart with more than 218,000 first-week sales. This is the strongest sales week by a country artist since 2015 and, with its 13.5 million audio on-demand streams, is the highest streaming debut for a country artist to date.
- Multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning artist/DJ/producer Zedd and singer songwriter Alessia Cara will perform their hit single, “Stay.” “Stay” reached #4 on U.S. Top 40 radio this week and #9 on the Billboard Hot 100. With over 485 million streams to date on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Pandora and Soundcloud, “Stay” also peaked at #5 on Spotify Global Top 200 chart.
Plus: Yahoo music reveals the final 4 duets with their respective coaches!
Chris Blue: The song I will be singing with my coach is “Diamonds and Pearls” by Prince & The New Power Generation. This was masterminded by my coach, Alicia Keys. She really wanted to find a way to honor Prince. She hasn’t performed any Prince songs since his passing and felt like this would be the appropriate time to pay tribute. I love the song and I love the idea! For me personally, this will be special because she gets to honor an icon of her time while I get to sing with one of my own icons.
Jesse Larson: Adam Levine and I are singing “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince. It was honestly an easy choice for me; it’s one of my favorite Prince songs. It’s my way of paying homage to Prince and what he’s done for me. I think it’s a great fit for both Adam and I as well.
Lauren Duski: We are singing “There’s a Tear in My Beer” by Hank Williams. Blake Shelton chose it and I think it’s the perfect choice — we’re going to have a lot of fun with this one.
Aliyah Moulding: “Dancing in the Streets,” by Martha & The Vandellas. Blake is just awesome; he thought that this would be the perfect song for our duet. He believes that I have an old soul as a performer. I totally agree. It will be an amazing performance. We will have a great time.