Brian Johnson and Mia Z left The Voice last week. Here, I rank the remaining 10 singers going into tonight’s episode. The rankings have shuffled quite a bit since last week’s performances–mostly the spots in the middle. The top and bottom look pretty much the same.
How would YOU rank the Top 10? Leave your thoughts in comments, and join us tonight for our The Voice live blog at 8/7c pm NBC.
1. Sawyer Fredericks – Team Pharrell Williams – And Sawyer remains in the #1 spot. The youngest singer in the competition dominates iTunes sales every week. It doesn’t matter where in the line-up he performs. He’s got fans who are voting for him. It also helps that, despite his age, he knows who he is as an artist and is a consistent performer.
2. Kimberly Nichole – Team Christina Aguilera – Kimberly rises in the ranks this week. She wowed viewers last week with a fierce performance of “House of the Rising Sun.” This girl is a pro, but she also knows how to connect to an audience. She’s quirky and contemporary, but can also throw down old-school style.
3. Joshua Davis – Team Adam Levine – Joshua delivered a solid, but sleepy performance last week, and still managed to score the 4th highest rank on iTunes. I would not count this man out.
4. Meghan Linsey – Team Blake Shelton – After breaking into the iTunes Top 10 with a cover of the buzzy “Girl Crush” last week, Meghan soars up the rankings. But can she stay there? Only if Blake chooses the right songs for her. Staying in the country/blues lane is key for this talented singer.
5. Koryn Hawthorne – Team Pharrell Williams – Here’s your little dark horse. Koryn impressed last week with a gospel tune. She’s a diamond in the rough who makes up for imperfect vocals when she sings from the heart. If Pharrell coaches her carefully, she could be a contender.
6. Rob Taylor – Team Christina Aguilera – Rob has had great performances two weeks in a row, but isn’t making a huge impact on iTunes. Actually, I predicted he’d be singing for the save last week, and I was wrong. Not that I have a problem with that at all.
7. Corey Kent White – Team Blake Shelton – Here’s a prediction that I got totally wrong. I expected cute boy country singer Corey, to be a favorite, but iTunes sales for his Jason Aldean cover last week were languid. I suspect that Sawyer and his Americana/country stylings are stealing the generic nice boy’s, thunder.
8. Hannah Kirby – Team Blake Shelton – Hanna is not my cup of tea at all. But she obviously has fans out there. She didn’t even hit the bottom 3 last week! She could end up singing for the save this wee, and I would not be at all surprised if she managed to survive.
9. India Carney – Team Christina Aguilera – India is technically, one of the strongest singers of the finalists, but her highly theatrical performances are not registering with viewers. Her iTunes sales have been abysmal. I’m not sure how she could improve. She could be singing for the save this week.
10. Deanna Johnson – Team Adam Levine – Deanna survived the sing-off last week. If Adam chooses the right song for her, perhaps she can again. I suspect if she doesn’t go this week, next week will be the last for this uneven performer.