The Masked Singer 6 took a break on Thanksgiving Eve. But the show will return with three more regular season episodes, and a big Christmas Sing-a-long spectacular a week after the finale.
Producers switched up the format (again!) for season 6, running two separate tracks of contestants: Group A and Group B with new Wildcard contestants joining the competition each week until the semi-finals. The two groups will FINALLY converge on the finale, with a Final Two vying for the Golden Mask Trophy. The finale seems very FOX era American Idol, does it not?
Next up, are the Group A and Group B finals. The two remaining contestants in each group will face off against the other, with the winner of each group heading off to the big finale. The Group finalists will bee paired up with special guest duets.
In Group A, it’s Bull vs Skunk. For Group B it’s Banana Split vs Queen of Hearts. Check out the schedule below, with details (Thanks Futon Critic!).
The Masked Singer 6 December Schedule
- Wednesday Dec 1 – The final two singers from “Group A” (Bull & Skunk) perform solo, and then with celebrity duet partners Jesse McCartney (Season 3 runner up Turtle) and Michael Bolton, before one is unmasked and sent home.
- Wednesday Dec 8 – The final two singers from “Group B” (Banana Split & Queen of Hearts) perform solo, and then with celebrity duet partners and show panelists Nicole Scherzinger and Robin Thicke, before one is unmasked and sent home.
- Wednesday Dec 15 – The final two singers, the winner from “Group A” and the winner from “Group B,” will perform and both will be unmasked! In the holiday-themed season finale, one singer will be awarded the Golden Mask Trophy.
- Wednesday Dec 22 – The Masked Singer Christmas Singalong
More details from FOX are forthcoming regarding guest performers and judges.
Speculation and a prediction!
By now, The Masked Singer fans have figured out the identities of the remaining contestants. THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A SPOILER! But I and the internets are convinced that:
- BULL is American Idol alum, RuPaul Drag Race judge, Broadway star, and YouTuber, Todrick Hall.
- SKUNK is hip hop/R&B singer and reality star Faith Evans
- BANANA SPLIT is American Idol alum, singer and actress Katharine McPhee and her husband producer/songwriter David Foster.
- QUEEN OF HEARTS is singer-songwriter and Dancing with the Stars alum Jewel.
Why not throw in my prediction? Here goes. BULL will win the Group A championship, while QUEEN OF HEARTS wins Group B. Both singers have been spectacular. Bull is a triple threat, while Queen of Hearts changes it up every single week.
Who will win it all? Interestingly. Jewel will appear on the January 6 premiere of I Can Hear Your Voice season 2. Things that make you go Hmmmm.