As So You Think You Can Dance 2022 heads closer to its finale, the Top 10 dancers will take the stage on Wednesday (June 29) with a new set of dances and choreographers!
According to dance reporter, Kristyn Burtt, these are the choreographers for Wednesday.
- Sasha Farber and Emma Slater: The two are Dancing with the Stars pro-dancers and also married to each other. Emma won season 14 alongside pro football player Rashad Jennings. She partnered with country singer Jimmie Allen last year. Sasha has danced with several Olympians, including Simone Biles, Tonya Harding, Mary Lou Retton, and most recently. Suni Lee.
- Jonathan & Osanka Platero – Latin and standard ballroom dancers, Jonathan competed on SYTYCD season 5 and Osanka performed as part of the DWTS troupe. She was also a pro on the UK ballroom competition Strictly Come Dancing. Both are veteran SYTYCD choreographers.
- Achinta S. McDaniel – She’s a pioneer of contemporary Indian dance, including the energetic Bollywood style.
- Sean Cheesman – Sean is also a SYTYCD veteran, specializing in African Jazz, Broadway and Jazz dance styles.
- Al Blackstone – Al is a talented Broadway choreographer and another SYTYCD vet.
Wednesday’s episode is called “Around the World” and according to the official synopsis, TWO more dancers will exit the competition, leaving 8 contestants.
Contestant Dance Styles (via FOX studio photos)
- Anna and Carter – Salsa (Jonathan & Osanka Platero probably)
- Beau and Jordin – Viennese Waltz – (Sasha and Emma probably)
- Waverly and Essence – Bollywood (Achinta S. McDaniel)
- Alexis and Thiago – Broadway (Al Blackstone)
- Ralyn and Keaton – African Jazz (Sean Chessman)
Here is the SYTYCD schedule for the next few weeks
- Wednesday June 29 – Around the World – Top 10 perform, Top 8 revealed. the Top 10 will dance with new partners, as the studio rounds continue.
- Wednesday July 6 – REPEAT
- Wednesday July 13 – Turn Back Time – Top 8 perform, Top 6 revealed. The Top Four dancers from last week will pick their partners and dance in random genres. Then, all eight dancers will showcase their talents in solo rounds to win over the audience and our expert panel of judges. Two dancers will face elimination and only six will remain.
Will SYTYCD finish its season by the end of July?
The So You Think You Can Dance taping schedule ends on Wednesday July 13. The show is scheduled to film on Saturday July 2, Thursday July 7, and two sessions on Wednesday July 13 (One is billed as a group dance).
It’s likely the So You Think You Can Dance season 17 finale will air on July 20, unless the finale is split up into two parts.