Bucky Covington, after surviving the closure of his original label, is finally releasing his sophomore album Good Guys tomorrow, 9/11/12! Check out a stream of the album.
It’s easy to forget Bucky Covington actually has a solid record at country radio, with 2 Billboard t10 country hits (“A Different World” and “I’ll Walk”) and another single that went t10 on Mediabase (“It’s Good To Be Us”). Despite that success, getting his sophomore album out has been a long journey for Bucky. He had to deal with the closing of his original label Lyric Street Records just when he had released a strong single “A Father’s Love (The Only Way He Knew How) that seemed likely to become a hit. Bucky continued to tour and work on his sophomore album, and finally signed with indie label eOne Nashville about a year ago. Now, after additional writing and recording, Bucky is finally releasing his sophomore album, Good Guys. In addition to singles “I Want My Life Back,” “A Father’s Love,” “I Wanna Be That Feeling,” and “Drinking Side Of Country”, the album includes Bucky’s covers of Nickelback’s “Gotta Be Somebody” (which was also released as a single by Lyric Street) and Lionel Richie’s “Sail On.”
Stream Bucky Covington’s sophomore album Good Guys, his 1st album in 5 years, HERE.
The album, including the current single “Drinking Side Of Country” (featuring Shooter Jennings), leans towards country rock without forgetting the country part of that combination. It also includes a few ballads that showcase some of the vulnerability in Bucky’s voice. “Hold A Woman” is an especially soulful and tender vocal from Bucky. Highlight tracks: “Hold A Woman,” “I Wanna Be That Feeling,” “A Father’s Love (The Only Way He Knew How)”
EDIT: The new Country Weekly (Carrie Underwood Blown Away tour cover story) reviews Bucky’s album and gives it 4 out of 5 stars.
1. “I Wanna Be That Feeling” (Ben Hayslip/Jimmy Yeary)
2. “I’m Alright” (Casey Beathard/Tom Douglas)
3. “Hold a Woman” (Gordon Bradberry/Blake Mevis/Tony Ramey)
4. “Drinkin’ Side of Country” (Duet with Shooter Jennings) (Bucky Covington/Rocky Covington/Ducky Medlock)
5. “Only Got So Much Time” (Bob DiPiero/David Lee Murphy)
6. “Mama Must Be Prayin” (Liz Hengber/Michael Logen/J. Matt Nolen)
7. “Sail On” (Lionel Richie)
8. “I Always Said You’d Be Back” (Liz Hengber/Michael Logen/J. Matt Nolen)
9. “Mexicoma” (Lonnie Fowler/Logan Mize)
10. “I Want My Life Back” (Frank Myers/Anthony Smith)
11. “Gotta Be Somebody” (Chad Kroeger/Joey Moi/Ryan Peake)
12. “A Father’s Love (The Only Way He Knew How)” (Elizabeth Hengber/Thom Shepherd/Steven J. Williams)