So You Think You Can Dance Season 8 premieres next week on FOX! The format remains unchanged, except the Top 20 will return, with the SYTYCD All-Stars joining the competition when the field is whittled down to the Top 1o. At that point, America will choose which dancer goes home.
- Read the press release HERE.
- So You Think You Can Dance Kicks off with Atlanta and Bay Area auditions , Thursday May 26 on FOX 8/7 pm
- Auditions Continue in New York and Salt Lake City on Wednesday, June 1 and Los Angeles on Thursday, June 2
- Las Vegas Callback Episode Airs Wednesday, June 8;
- Top 20 Reveal/Meet the Top 20 airs Thursday, June 9
- First Live Show Airs Wednesday, June 15
This season’s auditions will feature resident judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy, as well as guest judges Debbie Allen, Robin Antin, Lil C, Tyce Diorio, Jason Gilkison, Toni Redpath and Adam Shankman.
During the reveal episode, the Top 20 finalists will perform in their own specialties, free of any judgment or voting, so that America can get to know more about them and their talents before being asked to vote.
Once the series is down to the Top 10, the finalists will be joined by a So You Think You Can Dance All-Star dancer and it will be solely up to America to decide who remains in the competition.
Schedule (All times ET/PT)
Wednesday, May 26 (8:00-10:00 PM) Atlanta and Bay Area Auditions
Wednesday, June 1 (8:00-10:00 PM) New York and Salt Lake City Auditions
Thursday, June 2 (8:00-9:00 PM) Los Angeles Auditions
Wednesday, June 8 (8:00-10:00 PM) Las Vegas Callbacks
Thursday, June 9 (8:00-10:00 PM) Top 20 Revealed/Meet the Top 20 Performances
Wednesday, June 15 (8:00-10:00 PM) First LIVE Performance Show
Thursday, June 16 (8:00-9:00 PM) First LIVE Results Show