Remember when So You Think You Can Dance taped their performance episodes ahead of airing? Welp. Those days have returned. So You Think You Can Dance will tape episodes on Saturday to air on Mondays. That means there will be spoilers–including results–every week.
If you don’t want to be SPOILED read no further!
Because it is the first episode, and the first week of viewer voting, there are NO eliminations this week. The Top 10 group number was choreographed by Mandy Moore. The Top 5 girls performed a number by Travis Wall. The Top 5 guys by Luther Brown.
The Top 10 guys and girls are paired up for performances. Here’s how it will shake out:
- Stephanie Sosa (Ballroom) & Gino Cosculluela (Contemporary) – Hip Hop
- Sophie Pittman (Contemporary) & Eddie Hoyt (Tap) – Jazz – Brian Friedman
- Benjamin Castro (Contemporary) & Anna Linstruth (Hip Hop)
- Madison Jordan (Contemporary) & Erza Sosa (Ballroom)
- Bailey Munoz (B-Boy) & Mariah Russell (Contemporary)
According to my source mostly everyone got good critiques except Eddie, the tap dancer. The judges panel, including Dominic Sandoval, Mary Murphy and Nigel Lythgoe all thought he was missing something. However, they did praise his partner, Sophie. They performed a jazz number from Brian Friedman. Dominic and Nigel did not like Gino in the hip hop number, Laurie Ann and Mary disagreed.