Saturday Night Live cast member, Cecily Strong, hosted last night’s White House Correspondents dinner aka “Nerd Prom” in Washington DC. President Obama also spoke at the podium to an assembled crowd of pols, pundits and celebrities.
Check out some of Cecily’s best zingers and/or watch her entire speech to the press below.
- On the Secret Service: “They’re the only law enforcement agency in the country that will get in trouble if a black man gets shot.”
- On Fox News: “That channel is all hot blonde ladies and old dudes. Every show on Fox News looks like a party scene from Weekend at Bernie’s.”
- On Obama: “After six years in office, your approval rating is at 48 percent. Not only that, your gray hair is at 85 percent. Your hair is so white now, it can talk back to the police.”
- On being a Woman: “Just because I’m a woman doesn’t mean I’m going to go easy on you people. I’m going to go easy on you people because my brain is smaller.”
- On the Secret Service: “I don’t want to be too hard on them, because they’re the only law enforcement agency in the country that will get in trouble if a black man gets shot.”
- To the assembled press: “Raise your right hand and repeat after me: ‘I solemnly swear… to not talk about Hillary [Clinton]’s appearance… because that is not journalism.’”
Cecily Strong 2015 White House Correspondents Association Dinner
Barack Obama 2015 White House Correspondents Association Dinner
The highlight of President Obama’s speech was the appearance of his “anger translator” Luther (Keegan-Michael Key from Comedy Central’s Key & Peele) About Hillary Clinton: “Khaleesi is coming to Westeros!”