Triple Tigers recording artist Scotty McCreery will release his fifth studio album, Same Truck, on September 17.
The album, produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells and Aaron Eshuis, is available now for pre-order HERE. The project features his current Top 15 and rising single “You Time” and the American Idol season 10 winner’s recently released song “Why You Gotta Be Like That.”
According to the press release, the album was going to be announced in August, but after intense fan demand following last Friday’s release of “Why You Gotta Be Like That” caused pre-sale information to leak at several key retailers, Scotty and his label both decided to announce the album early as a thank you to his fans for fervently supporting his music through the years.
Scotty thanks fans for their enthusiasm
“It’s gratifying to learn that my fans are so excited about my upcoming new album that they sought out pre-order information before it was ready to be announced….and got it,” said Scotty. “Thanks to Triple Tigers and the retailers for coming together quickly so we could make this official album announcement. I can’t wait to share this music with everyone.”
Same Truck features 12 songs, 10 of which were co-written by Scotty, including the title track, “You Time,” and “Why You Gotta Be Like That.” Coming three years after his last album Seasons Change (which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Albums Chart, is RIAA certified Gold, and features three consecutive No. 1 hits), Same Truck is a reflection of where he is in life now as a man married to the love of his life for three years and who is also celebrating his 10th year as an entertainer.
“My last album was about me as a young man getting ready to get married,” said Scotty. “Same Truck is me three years later, taking a moment to acknowledge where I am now as a 27-year-old, happily married man, sharing both what I’ve learned and where I want to go.”
In the midst of his You Time Tour, Scotty has been performing several songs from the new album in concert. “You never know how new songs are going to go over in the live show, but our audiences sure seem to enjoy them from the reaction we’re receiving,” said the North Carolina native.
Track list for Same Truck:
- Same Truck (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Zach Crowell)
- You Time (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis)
- It Matters To Her (Scotty McCreery, Rhett Akins, Lee Thomas Miller)
- Damn Strait (Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins)
- It’ll Grow On Ya (Jeremy Bussey, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)
- The Waiter (Scotty McCreery, Matthew West, Frank Rogers)
- Why You Gotta Be Like That (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, James McNair)
- Home (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)
- Carolina To Me (Scotty McCreery, Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips)
- Small Town Girl (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)
- That Kind of Fire (Scotty McCreery, Josh Hoge, Matt McVaney, Justin Wilson)
- How Ya Doin’ Up There (Scotty McCreery, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Tyler Reeve)