I’ve got more spoilers from the Carrie Underwood holiday special, airing on FOX December 7.
Last night, Carrie Underwood and Dolly Parton taped performances for the special, Carrie sang a satellite duet with Brad Paisley, and Ryan Seacrest and Bo Bice had cameo parts in a comedy bit.
Thursday night, Carrie taped segments with David Cook, Kristin Chenoweth and Christina Applegate. If you missed Thursday’s spoilers, read them HERE.
- Dolly Parton sang “Here You Come Again” and a holiday song (not identified yet)
- Dolly and Carrie had an interview/skit – they were both cracking jokes.
- Dolly and Carrie sang a duet on “I Will Always Love You” – amazing, reportedly
- Carrie sang “Before He Cheats” from her debut album and from the new album she sang “Temporary Home” (very moving), “Change”, “What Can I Say” (which is her album duet with Sons Of Sylvia, they sang with her live), and “Cowboy Casanova”.
- Carrie also did a holiday-themed medley that started with “Jesus, Take the Wheel” and ended with a stirring version of “O Holy Night.”
- Brad Paisley who had already taped his performance sang “Then” the lead single from his album American Saturday Night.
- Brad and Carrie sang a “satellite” duet on the Loretta Lynn/Conway Twitty song Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man
- There was a (reportedly hilarious) skit in which it was revealed that Carrie’s AI win and her win for ACM Entertainer of the Year award was the result of bribery, payola, and the drugging and blackmail of people involved. Ryan Seacrest and Bo Bice had cameos in the skit.
- Producer, Nigel Lythgoe, tweeted that Tabitha and Napoleon choreographed a vampire routine for “Cowboy Casanova” @dizzyfeet.
- Another tweet from Nigel: @dizzyfeet: “Dolly Parton was great on Carrie’s show last night. The only thing better was Carrie herself. She was simply stunning, beautiful and a star.”
- Tweet from Producer, Adam Shankman: @adammshankman: “There’s no way to quantify my new respect for Carrie Underwood now having worked with her on the variety special.”