Do you plan on watching the Olympic Closing Ceremonies? I do. So, I thought maybe some of you would want to watch with me.
NBC will stream the ceremony live, beginning at 4 pm ET. Click this link for Details. The only catch is that you have to be a cable subscriber.
UPDATE: TOTALLY recommend watching the BBC. Everything about the stream is better. Click to Watch the BBC
For everybody else, I’m planning on some of you being aware of rogue streams out on the internets. Feel free to post them in comments!
The theme of the ceremony is “A Symphony of British Music,” and will be based on 30 classic pieces, drected by David Arnold.
NBC has confirmed: Spice Girls, One Direction, The Who, George Michael, Annie Lennox, Jessie J, Taio Cruz, Take That, Brian May and Roger Taylor from Queen, The Pet Shop Boys and Tinie Tempah.
Other acts reported to perform are Ray Davies, Muse and Take That.
The show will also feature speeches from Rio 2016 Olympics organizers, highlights from this summer’s games and the extinguishing of the Olympic flame.
NBC will air the closing ceremonies tonight beginning at 7 pm.
ETA: Yep NBC BUTCHERED the Closing Ceremony Sunday night. The network cut many performances including my favorite, Ray Davies and the OFFICIAL Olympic song, sung by Muse. If you were looking forward to hearing George Micheal sing his new single–too bad for you. The worst insult, was interrupting the ceremony to air the execrable new series Animal Doctor. Local news aired at it’s usual time and THEN viewers got to see The Who close the show. Those who set their DVRs were screwed. #NBCFail.
Thanks to Mateja for live blogging! Here is the set list:
1. Emeli Sande – Read All About It (Part III)
2. Stomp! Choir – “Because” by The Beatles
3. Julian Lloyd Webber playing to Timothy Spall as Winston Churchill. “To be British, is to win the lottery of life”
4. Prince Harry of Wales and Jacques Rogge from Olympic committee arrive. UK national anthem “God Save The Queen”
5. Michael Caine, street party; group Madness performs ‘Our House’
6. Blur’s “Parklife”, performed by Queen’s Guard band
7. Pet Shop Boys – “West End Girls”
8. One Direction – “What Makes You Beautiful”
9. The Stomp
10. Spelbound (BGT winners) – “A Day in the Life” by The Beatles (NBC Cut)
11. Ray Davies (The Kinks) – “Waterloo Sunset” (NBC Cut)
12. Emeli Sande – Read All About It (Part III) (NBC Cut)
13. National flags and the athletes
14. Elbow – “Open Arms” & “One Day Like This”
15. Kate Bush – Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God remix 2012) (Not live) (NBC Cut)
16. Men’s Marathon Victory Ceremony, Uganda’s NA (NBC Cut)
17. Urban Voices Collective and the Dhol Foundation – “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles, some appreciation for the volunteers (NBC Cut)
18. “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen, “Imagine” by John Lennon (performed by Liverpool Philharmonic Youth Choir and Liverpool Signing Choir)
19. George Michael – “Freedom” & “White Light (NBC Cut “White Light”)
20. Kaiser Chiefs – “Pinball Wizard” (originally by The Who)
21. David Bowie – “Space Oddity”, “Changes”, “Ziggy Stardust”, “Jean Genie”, “Rebel Rebel”, “Diamond Dogs”, “Young Americans”, “Let’s Dance”, “Fashion” (not live) + British supermodels
22. Annie Lennox – “Little Bird”
23. Ed Sheeran – “Wish You Were Here” (originally by Pink Floyd) with Nick Mason, Mike Rutherford and Richard Jones
24. Russell Brand sings “Pure Imagination” & “I Am The Walrus”
25. Fatboy Slim – “Right Here, Right Now” & Another Song
26. Jessie J – Price Tag
27. Tinie Tempah – Written In The Stars (feat. Jessie J)
28. Taio Cruz – “Dynamite” (written by Bonnie McKee and Dr Luke, so much for British music)
29. Jessie J, Tinie Tempah and Taio Cruz – “You Should Be Dancing” (originally by Bee Gees)
30. Spice Girls – “Spice Up Your Life” & “Wannabe”
31. Liam Gallagher (Beady Eye) – “Wonderwall” (Oasis)
32. Electric Light Orchestra – Mr. Blue Sky
33. Eric Idle – “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life”
34. Muse – “Survival” (NBC Cut)
35. Freddie Mercury (Old Wembley footage), Brian May and Roger Taylor – Brighton Rock , Queen – We Will Rock You (feat. Jessie J)
36. Speeches: Sebastian Coe, Jacques Rogge
37. Olympic Games are now closed. Introduction of Brazil, who will host the 2016 games
38. Take That (minus Robbie Williams) – “Rule The World”
39. Darcey Bussell (ballerina) – “Spirit Of The Flame” (NBC Cut)
Olympic flame is out.
40. The Who – “Baba O’Riley” , “See Me, Feel Me”, “Listening to You”, ” My Generation” NBC interrupted the ceremony to air the horrible “Animal Practice”. THEN the local news. The Who didn’t air until MIDNIGHT.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Concert Schedule: Adam Lambert, Kris Allen, Addison Agen - 02/17/2018
- The Voice UK 2018 Blind Auditions 7 Live Blog (VIDEO) - 02/17/2018
- Concert Schedule: Lauren Alaina, RaeLynn, James Durbin - 02/16/2018