Photo: From the photo shoot for Kris Allen’s upcoming album
Brand-spanking new interviews with Kris Allen, just for you! Kris’s album drops on November 17.
Kris interviewed with 104.3 Valentine in the morning today:
- The name of Kris’s upcoming album will be decided in the next couple of days. Oh, watch, it’ll be self-titled!
- Kris was NOT invited to Simon Cowell’s birthday party, even though he was in London last week recording tunes for his album. He did have dinner with 19 chief, Simon Fuller.
- The album photo shoot is done.
Plus, Michael Slezak of Entertainment Weekly did a phone interview with Kris (accidentally hanging up on him at one point!)
- The video for “Live Like We’re Dying” may be shot this weekend, directed by Marco Puig.
- On working with Chris Daughtry, “Chris is great. He reached out to me early on, during the show, I think during top-4 week. He gave me his number and was telling me if I needed anything to just give him a call. He was a really, really nice guy, and he kind of knew what I was going through, and was just kind of rooting for me. And now we have the same manager, so that makes it easy.”
- Kris mentions working with Kevin Rudolph recently, and that he and Joe King from the Fray will be going back into the studio to work on tracks they’ve already written.
- He’s pushing for a song he wrote pre-Idol called “Red Guitar”. He’s working on that track with producer, Mike Flynn. “It was fun to be in the studio and working with a producer who sees your vision for a song you wrote, ” says Kris.
- Kris wrote a couple of songs with Eg White while he was in London, one he thinks is really really good. He also wrote with Andrew Frampton, who co-wrote “Live Like We’re Dying”.