In celebration of Idol Gives Back, the Top 8 will be singing “Inspirational” songs Tuesday night. Yes, amidst all of the IGB hype, there is still a competition going on!
This week’s theme is the broadest yet, and can mean just about anything, really. I put together a list of the songs I’d like the Idols to sing. What songs “inspire” you? Post your thoughts in comments!
PS: Next week–Mariah Carey mentors.
My picks are after the Jump…
- Brooke White – “Let the River Run” by Carly Simon
- Jason Castro – “Shelter” by Ray LaMontagne
- Syesha Mercado – “Ooh Child” by the 5 Stairsteps
- Michael Johns – “Heroes” by David Bowie
- David Cook – “What’s So Funny ’bout Peace Love and Understanding” by Elvis Costello (thanks for the suggestion, cheese!)
- David Archuleta – “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother” by the Hollies
- Kristy Lee Cook – “You Light Up My Life” by LeAnn Rimes
- Carly Smithson – “Beautiful Day” by U2