The top album this week belongs to Canadian Rockers Arcade Fire with Pop star Katy Perry in second. American Idol’s Kelly Clarkson debuts in third with her Christmas albums followed by the Duck Dudes cashing in (move over Martha Stewart, these guys will soon have their own line of craft supplies at Michaels! Maybe William-Sonoma will carry their line of tableware). HDD estimates that Scotty will be in the top 20 in his third week and Cassadee in the top 40 in her fourth week. Susan Boyle debuts in the top 20.
Meanwhile, Eminem just dropped his album yesterday and HDD is already prepared to predict 700K+ in sales. BB concurs and notes that this would be his 7th consecutive number one album and the second highest selling album of the year (Justin Timberlake’s first album was the highest). His last album opened with 741K in 2010. PTX also released an album this week, but no predictions for them yet.
This is the weekly sales thread. Please post numbers as you find them. Thanks!
Official Billboard 200 Top 10 and Nielsen Soundscan numbers via Billboard
- Arcade Fire – Reflektor – 140K
- Katy Perry – Prism – 92K
- Kelly Clarkson – Wrapped in Red – 70K
- Duck Dynasty – Duck the Halls – 69K
- Drake – Nothing Was the Same – 38K
- Thomas Rhett – It Goes Like This – 36K
- Toby Keith – Drinks After Work – 35K
- Lorde – Pure Heroine – 34K
- Miley Cyrus – Bangerz – 33K
- Linkin Park – Recharged – 33K