Today’s Idol Appearances:
- Lee DeWyze performs at Davis and Elkins College, in Elkins, WV, part of their Deja Vu festival. Tickets go on sale to public on 2/28 for $20 (Students/staff on sale 2/21 for $10)
- Casey James will perform at the Indiana State Fairgrounds for the Best Buy Country Music Expo
- David Hernandez performs at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, AZ
- Kellie Pickler at the Vidalia Onion Festival, Vidalia, GA
- Crystal Bowersox headlines the Walk For Kids Street Party to support Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Katie Stevens and Tim Urban will appear at the Run/Walk family festival at Cal State Fullerton. More HERE.
- Tim Urban at the “Play for the Pups” Celebrity Basketball Fundraiser. For info HERE.
- Danny Gokey sings the National Anthem at the 12th Annual Country Music Marathon. Centennial Park, Nashville. 7 am.
- Blake Lewis is set to DJ at Blush in Las Vegas
Casey James to perform at the California State Fair on July 24 at 8 pm. More information HERE.
Taylor Hicks plays in the Regions Tradition NCR PRO-AM Golf Tournament on Wednesday May 3 in Birmingham, AL. More information HERE.
More Idol Headlines after the JUMP…
Idoloonies: Paul McDonald on ‘Blackbird, ‘ Crazy Dancing, and…Adam Lambert Comparisons?
When Paul McDonald decided to try out for American Idol, he never really thought about taking home the top prize. But at age 26, the lead singer for the well-regarded southeastern rock band the Grand Magnolias still found himself playing frat parties to pay the bills, and decided a stint on the nation’s most popular talent competition might help change his lot in life.
See the Video at TV Line
News: American Idol’s Casey Abrams Talks Hospitalization and the Judges’ Save
TV Guide Magazine: Take me back to when you had to go to the hospital. How close did you come to bowing out of the competition?
Abrams: Really close. Extremely close. It was really sketchy for a second. My blood count was really, really, really low, lower than you can imagine. It’s incredible that the people at Cedars-Sinai really did help. And the people at Idol, the fact that they let me miss episodes and keep going, it’s incredible.
TV Guide Magazine: You must have thought, while you were lying in a bed at the hospital, this cannot be happening to me right now?
Abrams: Exactly! It was a low blow. I’ve been wanting this for about two years now. So the fact that I couldn’t be there, and I might not be there the next week, was scary.
Read more at Seattle PI
Jennifer Lopez Doubles the Glitz for Album Launch Event
Making for a memorable entrance, Jennifer Lopez rode into The Grove in Los Angeles on a double-decker bus for the “Extra” launch of her “Love?” album release yesterday (April 29).
The 41-year-old superstar was the picture of celebrity glitz and glamor as she sported a strapless gold sequined jumpsuit and black peep toe pumps while joining “Extra” host Mario Lopez.
See the photos at celebrity-gossip.net
Pia Toscano — $100, 000 to SING at Private Event
“American Idol” reject Pia Toscano just signed a deal to make $100, 000 in ONE NIGHT — and all she has to do is sing a couple of songs at a private event … TMZ has learned.
Sources connected to the deal tell us … Pia has agreed to perform at a private birthday party on May 8th … which happens to be Mother’s Day. We’re told the deal will only require Pia to perform a small handful of songs.
According to sources, Pia was initially offered $50, 000 for the gig and she TURNED IT DOWN … but the people throwing the party wanted Pia so badly, they immediately doubled their offer … and Pia signed without batting an eye.
We’re told Pia will be picked up in L.A. in a limo and chauffeured directly to the party … though it’s unclear exactly where the party will go down.
Jordin Sparks Talks Music in the Schools
Jordin Sparks Talks Music in the Schools: MyFoxPHOENIX.com
Via FOX Phoenix
Taylor Hicks answering the phones last night for the Neighbors in Need Telethon on ABC 33/40, Alabama