Here’s this week’s Idol Billboard Update.
My post is a little later than usual, but I try to get the Billboard chart itself up as soon as possible.
I’ve changed the way I’m posting the chart so that y’all can easily tell when a FRESH chart is available.
Take a glance at the tabs along the bottom of the purple header, and you’ll see the dates change for the chart. The date reflects Billboard’s issue date. The chart comes out on Billboard’s internet edition on Thursday, the issue is dated the Saturday of the following week.
Also, the fabulous Kirsten does a ton of research during the week on sales stats, and I include ALL of her great work with the chart, so take a peek!
Highlights After the Jump…
Click the links to purchase at iTunes ¦
Sales numbers compiled by Kirsten.
- Carnival Ride, Carrie Underwood sits atop the Idols Billboard 200 this week at #15. The recent announcement that she’ll be inducted into the Grand Ole’ Opry might have something to do with that. Plus, she’s been busy promoting herself on the road. On a break from touring with Keith Urban, Carrie has been headlining her own tour.
- Daughtry, Daughtry is behind Carrie at #27. This album has had amazing staying power. At 3.91M total sales, I expect the record will go 4x platinum fairly soon.
- Look who is coming up right behind them–Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks. She has been hovering around the #50 mark for weeks climbed to #32 last week, and is now at #29. She’s got a huge hit with Chris Brown, “No Air”. It looks like her success on the singles charts is finally having an impact on her album sales.
- Small Town Girl, Kellie Pickler got a nice bounce from appearing on the Top 10 Results show last week. She’s re-entered the Billboard 200 at #146.
- Simon Cowell’s X-Factor protege, Leona Lewis sits atop the Billboard Hot 100 at #1. “Bleeding Love” has only been on the charts for 6 weeks. The tune is also #1 on the Hot Digital Tracks and Hot Digital Songs charts.
- “No Air”, Jordin Sparks single with Chris Brown stalls at #6 on the Hot 100. Will it climb any higher? Perhaps her upcoming appearance with Chris Brown on the Top 8 Results show will give it a little nudge.
- “Feels Like Tonight”, Daughtry debuts on the Canadian Hot 100 at #63.
- “Hollywood’s Not America”, Ferras, the Hollywood week boot song, debuts on the Hot 100 at #84
- “Over the Rainbow/My Destiny” has re-entered the Hot Single Sales chart at #44. No doubt, due to Katharine McPhee’s appearance on the Top 11 Results show.
- “Dance Like There’s No Tomorrow”, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson. This song didn’t fall off the charts as fast as I thought it would. In fact, it debuted this week on the “Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks” chart at #29.
- “Empty Me”, Chris Sligh debuts on the Hot Christian Songs chart at #24. It climbs from 29-26 on the Hot Christian Adult Contemporary chart.