Here ya go. This week’s Idol Billboard Update.
- Television appearances helped boost sales for Idols on the Billboard 200 this week. Jordin Sparks, Jordin Sparks climbed from 44-53. Jordin had a 26% increase this week, selling 17K for a total of 491K. She appeared on the Super Bowl to sing the National Anthem on Feb 3. Daughtry, Daughtry, was nominated for several Grammys, lost them all and got no face time on the telecast–still had an excellent week. Daughtry climbed from 24-18 (He’s back in the Top 20 and is the highest charting Idol, after 64 weeks. Amazing.) and had a 30% increase, selling 27K for a total of 3.76M. Quadruple platinum is around the corner. Finally, Carrie Underwood, Carnival Ride had a 8% increase, selling 21K for a total of 1.83M, even though it dropped on the chart from 32-30. But it’s Carrie’s debut, Some Hearts, that got the big boost, climbing from 67-56 and a 33% increase, selling 14K for a total of 6.26M. Next week’s chart should see more Grammy bounce, as the chart week ends on Sunday.
- Jordin Sparks, “Tattoo” has sold over 1 million downloads. Currently, it sits at #16 on the Hot 100.
- Daughtry “Home” is now platinum. “Over You” has gone gold. “Feels Like Tonight” debuts on the Hot Digital Songs chart at #64.
- Carrie Underwood, “So Small” has gone gold. “All-American Girl” enters the Billboard 100 Top 40 at #40.
- Jordin Sparks, “No Air” debuts at #40 on the Rhythmic Top 40. It sits at #32, up from #42 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Simon Cowell protege, Leona Lewis, “Bleeding Love” debuts on the Hot Canadian Digital Singles chart at #49.
Picture: Carrie Underwood performs at Madison Square Garden in NYC with Keith Urban on Wednesday