Here is your Amerian Idol Billboard update, lovingly compiled by moi, right HERE.
Highlights this week include David Cook’s new album going gold after 4 weeks. Plus, Jordin Sparks‘ album, Jordin Sparks is finally certified platinum by the RIAA. Congrats Jordin!
- David Cook, David Cook stays in the Top 10 at #10 for the fourth week, and has also gone GOLD, selling a healthy 103.5K this week and 582K so far. Excellent! Nice B-day present for Cookie… Richard Rushfield has a nice round-up of David’s progress so far, HERE. David’s 4 weeks is the longest run in the Top 10 by an American Idol winner since Carrie Underwood and David Cook is currently the 15th best selling Idol album of all time (edit: actually, it’s 16th, but it’s going to hopscotch over a few Idol albums fairly quickly)
- Note the cute little black triangle next to “Time of My Life”–that means it has been officially certified platinum by the RIAA. Like “Time of My Life, ” David’s current single “Light On” is proving to be very resilient, continuing to inch it’s way up the charts. The song is played during the Idol commercial featuring Cook–that’s got to be helping. It moves 56-48 on Hot 100, 66-60 on Hot 100 Airplay, 39-32 on Pop 100, 35-32 on Pop 100 Airplay, 25-23 on Mainstream Top 40, 11-11 on Hot Adult Top 40 Tracks, 60-48 on Hot Digital Songs and re-enters Hot Digital Tracks at #45.
- David Archuleta, David Archuleta is on its way to gold. The album had another solid week, moving from #19 to #21 (but a 6% increase) and selling 59K, for a total of 430K.
- Archie’s platinum-selling “Crush” continues to move the downloads. It’s #37 on the Hot Digital Songs chart, down from #32 last week, selling 28K for a total of 1.1M. His new single “A Little Too Not Over You” should begin impacting the charts after the holidays. Then we’ll watch it’s inevitable climb up the charts. Just like his labelmate Jordin Sparks, successful singles should keep David’s album moving at a steady pace next year.
- Speaking of Jordin Sparks. Girl has gone platinum! Yes, it’s official–Jordin Sparks the album has been officially certified platinum by the RIAA. Congratulations Jordin! This week, it sold 5K for a total of 970K (she’s shipped 1M, not sold 1M)
- The charts are shorter than usual this week–the holiday decimation of the recurrent charts is nearly complete. There are two chart debuts, and they’re both on the country charts. Carrie Underwood’s “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” debuts at #54 and Josh Gracin’s “Telluride” debuts at #58 on the Hot Country Songs chart.
You can find the weekly updates tabbed in the header above. Once the week is over, I retire the chart to the Historical Charts tab, also above. If you haven’t peeked in there, I link to various charts, including Idol ratings and schedules. I just posted an updated chart of Idol first week numbers there, so check it out.