Starting with the Top 20 show on Sunday, April 26th, your votes determine which of the contestants makes it through each round and ultimately gets crowned the next American Idol.
There are THREE ways for fans to vote to keep their favorite contestants singing:
1. Vote online at AmericanIdol.com/vote.
2. Vote via the American Idol phone App.
3. Text votes for your favorite contestant.
You have to be at least 16 years old and located in the U.S., Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands to vote on ABC.com or in the American Idol app.
For text message voting
Simply text the number of the contestant you would like to vote for to “21523”. The number for each contestant is listed below:
- Kimmy Gabriela: text “1” to 21523
- Jovin Webb: text “2” to 21523
- Franklin Boone: text “3” to 21523
- Olivia Ximines: text “4” to 21523
- Louis Knight: text “5” to 21523
- Makayla Phillips: text “6” to 21523
- Aliana Jester: text “7” to 21523
- Faith Becnel: text “8” to 21523
- Nick Merico: text “9” to 21523
- Lauren Spencer-Smith: text “10” to 21523
- Cyniah Elise: text “11” to 21523
- Francisco Martin: text “12” to 21523
- Sophia James: text “13” to 21523
- DeWayne Crocker Jr.: text “14” to 21523
- Dillon James: text “15” to 21523
- Arthur Gunn: text “16” to 21523
- Julia Gargano: text “17” to 21523
- Grace Leer: text “18” to 21523
- Just Sam: text “19” to 21523
- Jonny West: text “20” to 21523
Text voting is open to all Wireless Carriers. Message & data rates may apply. SMS voting terms are available at idolmobileterms.vote now.tv.
When can fans vote?
The Top 20 show vote will open on Sunday, April 26 at the beginning of the East Coast broadcast at approximately 8pm ET /5pm PT and locks on Monday, April 27 at 9am ET/6am PT.
The Top 10 reveal show vote will open Sunday, May 3rd towards the end of the East Coast broadcast at approximately 10pm ET/7pm PT and locks on Monday, May 4th at 9am ET/6am PT.
The Finale – The vote for the next American Idol winner will be open only during the ET/CT broadcast on Sunday, May 17 starting after the Top 5 contestants are revealed, near the beginning of the broadcast and locking after the second round of contestant performances.
How many times can fans vote?
Each week, fans submit up to ten (10) votes for each remaining contestant per voting method (online at AmericanIdol.com/vote, in the American Idol app, and via text message voting*). For example, if you want to vote for a given contestant – you could submit: up to ten (10) votes for that contestant on ABC.com, up to ten (10) votes for that contestant on the American Idol app and up to ten (10) votes for that contestant via text message, for a total of up to thirty (30) votes for that contestant across all voting methods that week.
When voting online at AmericanIdol.com/vote or in the American Idol app, you can reallocate your votes until the voting window closes. Just be sure to hit “save” each time you make a change to your votes!
How to sign up to vote
To vote at ABC.com, the American Idol app, or the ABC app, an ABC account is a necessary. Sign up for an ABC account using your email address.
In addition, to vote via the American Idol app (App Store and Google Play Store) or ABC app (App Store and Google Play Store), you must download and install the app to your compatible device. Standard data rates may apply for app download and usage.
For more information, check out ABC.com