Glee Season 6 Spoilers Episode 8 – A Wedding
It’s the worst kept secret EVER. While “A Wedding” has been promoted as the episode where Santana and Brittany tie the knot, anybody paying the slightest bit of attention to fan sites and forums KNOWS, in actuality, that TWO fan favorite Glee couples will be wed by the end of the episode. Read on to find out the details!
Here’s the “official” extended summary from FOX studios: (Via FYeahTVShows)
As gleeks old and new pitch in to help get ready for Brittany and Santana’s wedding, the happy, albeit nervous couple settles on a few final details for their upcoming nuptials. The planning stage hits an impasse, however, when the two brides have a stark difference of opinion over whether or not to invite Sue. While Brittany, who credits Sue with bringing them together in the first place, is in favor of extending an invite, Santana is vehement about refusing to allow Sue’s attendance. But the former Cheerios! Coach is not so easily dissuaded and still has a few characteristic tricks up her sleeve. And the supremely superstitious Brittany is thrown for a loop when Santana sees her in her wedding dress before the big day. Meanwhile, when Kurt and Blaine finally reunite as a couple they are all too aware of the mistakes and regrets of their past, but supportive words from family and friends inspire them to take a sudden and daring leap, and Tina announces her unorthodox decision to ask former boyfriend Mike Chang to marry her, but while most of her guy friends are supportive, fellow former flame Artie remains dubious about the plan.
That “sudden and daring leap” Kurt and Blaine are inspired to take will have them shed their white groomsmen suits for wedding outfits. Initially planning to elope sometime after Brittany and Santana’s wedding, they are convinced to join the party to make it a double wedding ceremony.
Here’s how it will go down, according to several in the know spoilers and folks who attended the massive shoot at a Disney ranch just outside of LA. There were also a TON of media in attendance, who are all keeping mum until it’s time to promote the episode.
I am bulletting the details that we have so far. I’ll update this post as more is revealed, so watch ths space! All of these bits come from trusted spoiler sources on social media sites. Of course, there is always room for error. Thanks to GleekTo for organizational aid! Glee Episode 8 “A Wedding” airs on FOX Friday February 20 at 9/8c pm.
- Kurt and Blaine get back together AND married in this episode. Apparently, there is a scene early on where Kurt runs to Blaine’s apartment–in what sounds like a “When Harry Met Sally” moment. The two finally reunite.
- Kurt and Blaine arrive at the ceremony, dressed in white groomsmen suits. They have their wedding outfits with them, as they plan to elope some time after. (ETA: Sue brings cardboard cutouts of Klaine to the wedding, per the FOX promo. It might be Sue who supplied the wedding outfits). dressed in Kurt’s wedding outfit is shiny blue camo! Blaine’s wedding suit is black.
- Burt talks to Kurt, but it is Santana, Brittany, and Sue who ask/convince Kurt and Blaine to join the wedding.
- Brittany and Kurt walk down the aisle first. They watch as Blaine and Santana walk down the aisle next. (Source)
- The wedding takes place in a beautiful barn. Speculation is that the wedding takes place across the border in Indiana, as marriage equality has not come to Ohio yet. I’m betting this is true, because 1) Ryan Murphy is from Indianapolis 2) In Episode 6, Brittany’s mom mentioned that her daughter was born in a barn in Indiana.
- The double wedding is officiated by Kurt’s dad, Burt Hummel (Mike O’Malley) (Check out Burt. Ready for a wedding). Carole Hudson-Hummel (Romy Rosemont) is also in the episode.
- We meet Blaine’s mom, Pam Anderson, played by Gina Gershon who “makes her living shilling Mary Kay cosmetics.”
- Brittany’s mom Whitney (Jennifer Coolidge) and Dad Pierce (Ken Jeong), Santana’s grandmother, Alma Lopez (Ivonne Coll) (apparently having a change of heart about attending the wedding) and her mother Maribel (Gloria Estefan returning in the role) also attend the wedding.
- Remember Sugar Motta from seasons 3, 4 and 5 (Vanessa Lengies)? She’s back to reunite with the TroubleTones. The season 6 newbies, Roderick , Jane, Spencer, Mason and Madison are there. So is Kitty.
- Puck, Tina, Mike, Mercedes return for the wedding. No Quinn. Unfortunately, Dianna Agron was in Europe promoting a project. The old band geeks, from seasons 1-5 are there, too. Will Schuester is in the wedding party.
- At Last by Etta James- Artie and Mercedes duet as the couples walk down the aisle
- I’m So Excited by the Pointer Sisters – The Four Moms with The Trouble Tones (Mercedes, Sugar, Brittany and Santana – as seen in the still) at wedding reception
- Hey Ya by Outkast – Big group number while dancing at wedding reception
- Our Day Will Come by Amy Winehouse – The couples start off singing while others are dancing, but then Kurt and Blaine suggest a couples’ dance.
Glee Season 6 – A Wedding Production Stills
Glee Season 6 – A Wedding – BTS photos