Glee Season 6 Spoilers Episode 5 The Hurt Locker Part 2
Sorry kids. No major spoilers for Glee Episode 5 yet. But I do have a couple of details. At this point, this is all I know. Sorry the info is Blaine/Kurt centric only.
If I had anything else, I would definitely post. And as soon as I DO have something else, I’ll be updating right here, so watch this space.
- As we all know from the Glee Episode 4 “The Hurt Locker” spoilers, Sue REALLY wants Kurt and Blaine back together again. So, to that end, she locks them both together in an elevator.
- Part of the locking-in-the-elevator plan has Sue scaring them as a Jigsaw-like character (from the Saw movie series). She rides a little bike.
Max Adler (Karofsky) is a guest star in the episode. Yes. Max is in more than 4 episodes.Folks who have watched the screeners for this episode say he’s NOT in the episode
I’ll be adding to this post as I find out additional details.
UPDATE: A fan who has watched the screener for the episode has posted VERY DETAILED spoilers on their Facebook page. IT’S IN PORTUGUESE, so you will need to click on “Translate This” right above the photo of Kurt and Blaine to read it in English. Also Click HERE if you don’t mind scrolling.
- Kitty and Spencer are recruited for New Directions by Rachel and Sam, respectively. Rachel “blackmails” Kitty into joining ND, threatening to spill things she knows about her.
- Kitty helps Rachel choose the invitationals set list. They break into Sue’s office and find a playlist of songs that make Sue vulnerable.
- Consequently, Sue chooses New Directions as the winner.
- Sue locks Blaine and Kurt in an elevator and won’t let them out until they kiss. They end up in the elevator overnight. Apparently, there is a bathroom off of the elevator. She fills the elevator with Cialis gas.
- The Invitational lasts for 3 days. Vocal Adrenaline Day 1, Warbler Day 2, New Directions Day 3. Kurt and Blaine are locked in the elevator on Day 2 and aren’t let out until Day 3 during the ND performances.
- Kurt and Blaine kiss, as New Directions sing “It Must Have Been Love.” Sue lets them out after. They continue to deny they have feelings for each other.
- At the beginning of the episode, Kurt has another date with the older man, Walter, he met in 6×04 (Harry Hamlin).
- The hypnotism plot continues in this episode. Sam tries to kiss Rachel again, but she resists. However, there are indications that these two could become a thing.
- Will and Rachel realize it was Sue who sent Sam to steal Will’s mail.
UPDATE: More 3rd party Spoilers:
- According to the a reliable source, a few more details on the Klaine elevator scene:
As Kurt & Blaine are on their way to the Invitational, they find a sign in the hallway that says “new elevator to the auditorium” and decide to take it, and of course the “elevator” is a fake and a trap put there by Sue. They realize it’s not a real elevator when they get locked inside and discover that it has an attached bathroom. The boys both shed/undo their outer layers/ties/neckerchiefs while inside the elevator. Apparently it’s very hot in there. Must Have Been Love is the song that plays toward the end of their entrapment and continues playing as they rush back to the auditorium to watch the New Directions perform.
UPDATE: THESE AREN’T MY SPOILERS. But I thought I’d add this. Becca Tobin (Kitty) is in Episode 5 and she posted a page from the script. (SOURCE). The episode is called “The Hurt Locker Part 2”
‘The Hurt Locker, Part 2’ Production Draft
Sue: Okay, Becky? I’m going to ask you to shut up. You’re ruining this.
Becky: It looks like they don’t even like each other…
Sue: Oh sweet, simple Becky, you have so much to learn about love.
Becky: What are you talking about? I have a hot boyfriend!
Sue: (not listening) So much to learn.
(then) Look at them, Becky. Never have two human beings been so [?] for one another. Yet somehow, hackneyed circumstances and a pudgy former bully have come between them. I need to get these two together in a small space where they’ll be forced to gaze into one another’s eyes once again—and then, Becky, the sticky frottage will commence.
INT. MCKINLEY HIGH — HALLWAY — DAY
Rachel marches up to Kitty, nervously —
Rachel: Your name is Kitty Wilde, you’re named after a Bruce Springsteen song, you don’t trust newspapers because you think they lied about Watergate, you once beat up a mascot at a minor league baseball game for trying to get everyone to do the wave, you list your favorite [?] as Jesus, you prefer Wheat Thins to Triscuits and you rarely wear underwear—I got that last one from Artie.
Here’s the OFFICIAL FOX press release:
SUE PLAYS CUPID ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” FRIDAY, JANUARY 30, ON FOX
Sue is at it again, trying to mend relationships that she thinks need mending. Meanwhile, Kitty helps Rachel find the perfect set list to win the invitational and Sam recruits football player Spencer to join the glee club in the all-new “The Hurt Locker, Part Two” episode of GLEE airing Friday, Jan. 30 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-605) (TV-14 D, L)
After Sue’s “informal” Show Choir Invitational has already begun, she announces several rules, including that all teams must have at least twelve members (which New Directions does not) and the competition – which will extend over a three day period – will move forward even in the unlikely event that some of the coaches get kidnapped. Rachel and Kurt redouble their efforts to recruit enough members to allow New Directions to participate, and to put together a performance that doesn’t totally humiliate the team. Despite Rachel’s objections, Kurt suggests they enlist former gleek Kitty Wilde to help them out… a prospect that will require Rachel to swallow her pride, but that leads to Kitty’s invaluable help in putting together the perfect set list and uniting the team.
Meanwhile, Sue – who is still determined to see Kurt and Blaine reunite – pulls out all the stops to enact an elaborate plan; Sam works to recruit Spencer to join the Glee Club, but the gay, aspiring quarterback worries doing so may cost him his standing among the other jocks; and Will and Rachel have a much needed heart-to-heart.
BECCA TOBIN – Kitty Wilde
LAUREN POTTER – Becky Jackson
SAMANTHA MARIE WARE – Jane Hayward
MARSHALL WILLIAMS – Spencer Porter
NOAH GUTHRIE – Roderick
BILLY LEWIS JR. – Mason McCarthy
LAURA DREYFUSS – Madison McCarthy
MICHAEL HITCHCOCK – Dalton Rumba
Written by IAN BRENNAN
Directed by BARBARA BROWN
Song List: (Source)
My Sharona by The Knack sung by the Warblers
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) By Dead or Alive – Sung by The Warblers
It Must Have Been Love by Roxette – Sung By Kitty and Spencer and New Directions
Father Figure by George Michael – Sung by Roderick and New Directions
All Out of Love by Air Supply – Sung by Mason and Madison and New Directions