Night two of Eurovision 2017.
Welcome to the 62nd edition of Eurovision Song Contest. This year, Europe and Australia will select Eurovision’s 65th winner. Why? Read more about the contest’s history here and here to find out. To get a taste of Eurovision winners throughout the years, check out this video. It’s incredible to see how the standards have changed from 1956 to 2016.
The semifinal starts at 9pm CEST, 3pm EDT, 12pm PDT
You can watch the event through your local EBU member European broadcaster, LOGO TV in the USA or SBS in Australia. Beware of the local commentary, though! You can also watch the live stream on the official Eurovision website or on YouTube (click the links above).
Last May in Stockholm, Jamala won Eurovision Song Contest for Ukraine with her song ‘1944’. The winning tune didn’t prove to be very popular outside of the contest. On the radio, streaming services and iTunes songs from Sweden, France, Australia and Russia did better. Swedish entry ‘If I Were Sorry’ by Frans easily outperformed everyone.
Anyway, Ukraine is hosting Eurovision Song Contest this year in it’s capital Kyiv. Ukraine hosted Eurovision Song Contest once before – in 2005, after Ruslana won Eurovision Song Contest 2004 with ‘Wild Dances’.
Here is tonight’s line up. 10 out of 18 countries will qualify for Saturday’s finale. I will add the videos here once they are uploaded to YouTube.
Second Semi-Final opening: Eurovision songs, the Ukrainian way!
- Serbia – Tijana Bogicevic – In Too Deep
- Austria – Nathan Trent – Running On Air
- FYR Macedonia – Jana Burceska – Dance Alone
- Malta – Claudia Faniello – Breathlessly
- Romania – Ilinca ft. Alex Florea – Yodel It!
- The Netherlands – OG3NE – Lights and Shadows
- Hungary – Joci Pápai – Origo
- Denmark – Anja Nissen – Where I Am
- Ireland – Brendan Murray – Dying to Try
- San Marino – Valentina Monetta and Jimmie Wilson – Spirit of the Night
- Croatia – Jacques Houdek – My Friend
- Norway – JOWST – Grab The Moment
- Switzerland – Timebelle – Apollo
- Belarus – Naviband – Story of My Life
- Bulgaria – Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess
- Lithuania – Fusedmarc – Rain Of Revolution
- Estonia – Koit Toome & Laura – Verona
- Israel – IMRI – I Feel Alive
Alma – Requiem (France) at the second Semi-Final
Levina – Perfect Life (Germany) at the second Semi-Final
O.Torvald – Time (Ukraine) at the second Semi-Final
Apache Crew – Interval act – Second Semi-Final – 2017 Eurovision Song Contest
Verkavision Part II at the second Semi-Final of the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest
Qualified for Saturday’s final:
The exciting qualifiers announcement of the second Semi-Final